Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: On Saturday, I spent a frankly silly amount of money on a tweed flat cap

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You see you are veering close to Northern stereotyping here P, “overpriced”.

Nothing is overpriced if the purchaser a) wants the product and b) can afford the product. We are then simply moving into the area of supply and demand, John Maynard Keynes etc.

In respect of outerwear a man should own a few different options for different weather conditions and different social circumstances.

I have a Barbour, a Belstaff, 2 x Patagonia Torrentshell, a North Face, an Albam cagoule and naturally it goes without saying a Baracuta G9 (Harrington to you and others).

Hats I have at least 4-5.
    This is a very touching defence of free market economics, sw. wd.

However, I'm not sure Keynes would be my go-to man in such a defence, since he was little better than a communist and a poofter to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Kylie Moinogue's 'Locomotion'?

Ooooh, well in, Charles.

Sorry SW

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is a very touching defence of free market economics, sw. wd.

However, I'm not sure Keynes would be my go-to man in such a defence, since he was little better than a communist and a poofter to boot.
    He is the only one I remember from O and A Level study.

His sexual preferences and deviancy was not something we were made aware of. Given I was at a CBS perhaps it was thought a touchy subject.

I'm very fond of it, though. I've never really been a hat man before, but I feel an affinity for the flat cap.
    One appeared in my kitchen a few weeks ago. I traced the previous night back and it was left in the pub by some **** who I'd been drinking with, I wore it all the way home! Haven't worn it since mind. :freecap:
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I'm very fond of it, though. I've never really been a hat man before, but I feel an affinity for the flat cap.
    You've been watching too many Guy Ritchie movies, imo. NTTAWWFCs though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."