Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On Saturday, I spent a frankly silly amount of money on a tweed flat cap

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Barbour jacket is a wonderful thing, p, and of course the first thing one does when one gets it home is defenestrate the hood.

A grown man wearing a coat with a hood, for all love. He may as well have mittens in the sleeves connected by a length of string.
    Me and you will have a full on fist fight one day, that I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I also have a flat cap, acquired in Hawkshead, Cumbria.

Funny, I was thinking just this morning as I stepped out of Blackfriars tube into pouring rain that all men should wear hats and a suitable, weather proof coat in the rain.

Umbrellas are for women imo.
    I have a Barbour and a tweed cap. I am basically waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Me and you will have a full on fist fight one day, that I assure you.
    I am afraid that rules of etiquette dictate that I may only enter into fisticuffs with another gentleman, sw. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

I'll happily have one of my chaps give you a thrashing if that suits?

Just in terms of clarity and accuracy, are we talking about flat cap or baker boy style?
    A flat cap. Baker boy indeed!

I am afraid that rules of etiquette dictate that I may only enter into fisticuffs with another gentleman, sw. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

I'll happily have one of my chaps give you a thrashing if that suits?
    Thrashing? You clearly have no idea with whom you are dealing.

I had a record once.

Thrashing? You clearly have no idea with whom you are dealing.

I had a record once.
    Kylie Moinogue's 'Locomotion'?

Kylie Moinogue's 'Locomotion'?
    Grievous bodily harm. GBH.

I would take note and proceed with caution, pal. Further I would factor in a modicum of respect in all your future dealings with me.

Pal.

I would take note and proceed with caution, pal. Further I would factor in a modicum of respect in all your future dealings with me.

Pal.
    This is you, isn't it?

Pal.
    You should be fine, anyone that wears such an overpriced rain coat as him must be as soft as ****e
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You should be fine, anyone that wears such an overpriced rain coat as him must be as soft as ****e
    You see you are veering close to Northern stereotyping here P, “overpriced”.

Nothing is overpriced if the purchaser a) wants the product and b) can afford the product. We are then simply moving into the area of supply and demand, John Maynard Keynes etc.

In respect of outerwear a man should own a few different options for different weather conditions and different social circumstances.

I have a Barbour, a Belstaff, 2 x Patagonia Torrentshell, a North Face, an Albam cagoule and naturally it goes without saying a Baracuta G9 (Harrington to you and others).

Hats I have at least 4-5.