Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As I type this I am in LHR's Terminal 5 for the first time.

As I type this I am in LHR's Terminal 5 for the first time.

It all seems rather disappointing. Like being in a massive greenhouse. Also, the restaurants seem **** and I am very hungry.

I have resorted to wine. At 11am

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It all seems rather disappointing. Like being in a massive greenhouse. Also, the restaurants seem **** and I am very hungry.

Just use your BA platinum card to gain access to the Concorde Lounge. The food is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Just use your BA platinum card to gain access to the Concorde Lounge. The food is excellent.
    I don't own one of those, I'm afraid. And I'm flying economy to a stag do in New York and New Orleans. G-CIVO will be taking me today.

Pray for me.

I fly in and out of that one when I’m visiting. It feels like a big shopping centre.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 03-27-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I fly in and out of that one I’m visiting. It feels like a big shopping centre.
    It's all very underwhelming, isn't it? **** your sunglasseshut.

I fly in and out of that one I’m visiting. It feels like a big shopping centre.
    As opposed to a small, cramped shopping centre which is what the rest of them feel like?

I'm struggling to think of an airport that is any better, certainly in terms of the time it takes to get through check in and security it is excellent.

Hong Kong is good once you clear passport control, but that bit is a nightmare. And JFK immigration is now very quick with their new system.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    As opposed to a small, cramped shopping centre which is what the rest of them feel like?

I'm struggling to think of an airport that is any better, certainly in terms of the time it takes to get through check in and security it is excellent.

Hong Kong is good once you clear passport control, but that bit is a nightmare. And JFK immigration is now very quick with their new system.
    This is pleasing, from touching down to being in a cab at JFK last time was close to two hours. Can I anticipate a more timely transit through the airport this time?

This is pleasing, from touching down to being in a cab at JFK last time was close to two hours. Can I anticipate a more timely transit through the airport this time?
    I was there in January and probably cleared immigration in less than 5 minutes, the new system virtually eliminates queues.

My luggage took about 15 minutes but I was business class so it was probably priority loaded.

Plane to cab in less than 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

The terminal I use at Arlanda when I’m flying to Heathrow has a duty free and about four other shops. Bit of a stretch calling that a shopping centre. Terminal 5 has about 60 shops. It being fairly easy to get through check in and security wasn’t really up for debate.

Personally I hate it. I hate flying as it is and having to navigate my way past thousands of arseholes diving in and out of said shops before I even get on to the plane makes the whole experience a living nightmare.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 03-27-2018 at 10:57 AM.

The terminal I use at Arlanda when I’m flying to Heathrow has a duty free and about four other shops. Bit of a stretch calling that a shopping centre. Terminal 5 has about 60 shops. It being fairly easy to get through check in and security wasn’t really up for debate.

Personally I hate it. I hate flying as it is and having to navigate my way past thousands of arseholes diving in and out of said shops before I even get on to the plane makes the whole experience a living nightmare.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I hate air travel as much as anyone, especially when I go economy. The queuing, the people, the crush, I hate it all. And if I'm going economy, at my size, the seats are a disaster.

Business class make it tolerable. Business class on some airlines makes it almost enjoyable. Worth the money imo.