Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I wonder if the Tories are tempted to call another general election?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    OK, they paid £1bn for funding for NI... is that better? The fact they are in bed with a terrorist organisation is OK?
    Yes, that's better, because it's the truth.

They may be 'in bed' with the DUP, but I think you'll find that they are a recognised political party, rather than a terrorist organisation. They may believe in some principles which you and I find unpleasant, but they're not planting bombs anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    As a party, no they didn't. There has never been any suggestion that they did. Sinn Fein, by contrast, were the official political wing of the IRA and spoke on its behalf. Any attempt at drawing equivalence between the two is doomed.
    The DUP are backed by the UDA, they supported them at the last election and they are a terrorist organisation, so i fail to see how the Tory party can codemn Corbyn for his links (plenty of other things to condemn him for) and not have double standards themselves.

The DUP have no need to power share anymore as they can get almost all they want through the UK parliament with the agreement.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, that's better, because it's the truth.

They may be 'in bed' with the DUP, but I think you'll find that they are a recognised political party, rather than a terrorist organisation. They may believe in some principles which you and I find unpleasant, but they're not planting bombs anywhere.
    But they are backed by the UDA which is still killing Catholics.

They can't help who backs them, can they? I'm backed by my glw, it doesn't make me intelligent or moral.

No, I missed it. I understand they did the very un-Channel 4 thing of actually telling the truth about them?
    Yes, but there was no smoking gun, although it was good to see Jezza implicated as one of their supporters.

"Muslims are the most important voting block in the UK - we can be the king makers"

Sufiyan Ismail, CEO of MEND, covertly recorded speaking at a private event

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, but there was no smoking gun, although it was good to see Jezza implicated as one of their supporters.

"Muslims are the most important voting block in the UK - we can be the king makers"

Sufiyan Ismail, CEO of MEND, covertly recorded speaking at a private event

Has Jeremy Corbyn ever been anti-semitic to you? (I advise you to think very carefully before answering and consider how much the Daily Mail would pay you for such an exposé.)

The DUP are backed by the UDA, they supported them at the last election and they are a terrorist organisation, so i fail to see how the Tory party can codemn Corbyn for his links (plenty of other things to condemn him for) and not have double standards themselves.

The DUP have no need to power share anymore as they can get almost all they want through the UK parliament with the agreement.
    Please explain 'backed by the UDA'. Only, as accusations go, it sounds incredibly vague and nebulous. Do you mean that UDA members support the DUP? Well, duh! It's the main Unionist party in NI and they share interests - why wouldn't they?

However, the DUP have categorically condemned all terrorist organisations and demanded they face justice. That's a far more categorical condemnation than Jezza's 'I condemn all terror' boll0cks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They can't help who backs them, can they? I'm backed by my glw, it doesn't make me intelligent or moral.
    They can avoid holding meetings with them (not sure you can avoid your glw as easily)

Actually, the only the only killings that appear to have been conducted by the UDA recently appear to have been of other UDA members.

Actually, the only the only killings that appear to have been conducted by the UDA recently appear to have been of other UDA members.
    Actually, the only meeting they've held with them recently was to try and stop a spate of internal killings and offer a chance to 'move away from criminality and terrorism'.

But why let the facts get in the way of your apologism for Corbyn, eh?