Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Then Australians....Bancroft and Smith >>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    That's bloody poor form letting Bancroft take both barrells. Smith needs to come out and accept full responsibility.

As you say, stripping them of the captaincy for 1 game isn't going to cut it. Surely their careers are in tatters. Nobody will ever trust them on the field of play again.
    When are the convict cvnts next over here? They will get dog's abuse

'SAME OLD AUSSIES! ALWAYS CHEATING!'

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    With all this cheating stuff it is easy to forget that they are losing the series and moaning about abuse from the crowd

We might be ****ing awful but at least we are not cheats
    The moaning about abuse from the crowd is hilarious, I must say.

Mind you, aussies can dish it out, but rarely take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The moaning about abuse from the crowd is hilarious, I must say.

Mind you, aussies can dish it out, but rarely take it.
    South Africans can certainly dish it out. Aussies always irritated me on a cricket field. It was only the South African lads that ever scared me. Lunatics.

They're desperate to save Smith and Warner because without them they don't really have a batting side. However, heads are going to roll and I don't think simply stripping them of the captaincy and vice captaincy is going to be enough to appease people.
    Thing is, according to the laws it's only a relatively minor offence. Smith will carry the can but still be back for The Ashes.......which should be fun!

Old Trafford, Headingley and Edgbaston must be put on the venue list, even if they aren't. They'll enjoy playing there as much as in South Africa!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Thing is, according to the laws it's only a relatively minor offence. Smith will carry the can but still be back for The Ashes.......which should be fun!

Old Trafford, Headingley and Edgbaston must be put on the venue list, even if they aren't. They'll enjoy playing there as much as in South Africa!
    It's not so much the offence as the way in which it was orchestrated and the ham-fisted way it was carried out and childishly lied about. Their real crime here is the sheer embarrassment they've caused to Australian cricket (and by extension, Australia itself). Australians are possibly the most sanctimonious, self-righteous cvnts on earth, so being put in a position where they can't be self-righteous and have to take all the digs that come their way is horrific to them.

Like I say, one of the funniest things to happen in cricket ever.

It's not so much the offence as the way in which it was orchestrated and the ham-fisted way it was carried out and childishly lied about. Their real crime here is the sheer embarrassment they've caused to Australian cricket (and by extension, Australia itself). Australians are possibly the most sanctimonious, self-righteous cvnts on earth, so being put in a position where they can't be self-righteous and have to take all the digs that come their way is horrific to them.

Like I say, one of the funniest things to happen in cricket ever.
    Oh completely, the lies and attempted cover up just compounded it and made it far more amusing.

Of course the sub-continent fans and players are up in arms saying that it'll all be brushed under the carpet, inherent racism, etc. It's not exactly match-fixing though or spot-betting, is it!
    Last edited by PSRB; 03-26-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Oh completely, the lies and attempted cover up just compounded it and made it far more amusing.
    Bancroft putting the tape down his pants and then trying to pretend he'd been rubbing the ball with his sunglasses cover was pure comedy gold. Watching dim people attempt to be sly and covert is always funny.

Bancroft putting the tape down his pants and then trying to pretend he'd been rubbing the ball with his sunglasses cover was pure comedy gold. Watching dim people attempt to be sly and covert is always funny.
    You should really wait to see the evidence before attempting your defence

He should’ve eaten it and said it was stick of gum.

Acceptable defence imo

The kid clearly panicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Watched some Aussie news clips on this...highlight was Glen Maxwell almost throwing up
    the press out there are sticking the boot in tbf

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...27-p4z6fl.html

and a bit more hand wringing...

https://www.smh.com.au/national/chea...27-p4z6fc.html
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”