Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Right, I've had a drink, who ****ing want's?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I had one cocktail and one glass of wine. Up and on the treadmill at 0645 as usual. :sanctimonioustwát:
    How was the Mousetrap thing?

Has that still been continually running in the West End since the 70s or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    How was the Mousetrap thing?

Has that still been continually running in the West End since the 70s or whatever?
    60s, I think.

Here I must make a confession. Having eaten a terrific dinner and noting that the time was barely 7, it occurred to us that if we sacked the whole fúcking thing off, we could be comfortably ensconced in front of the fire with a nice cup of tea by 8. So, we, you know, went home.

It was the perfect decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    60s, I think.

Here I must make a confession. Having eaten a terrific dinner and noting that the time was barely 7, it occurred to us that if we sacked the whole fúcking thing off, we could be comfortably ensconced in front of the fire with a nice cup of tea by 8. So, we, you know, went home.

It was the perfect decision.
    I did this in 1998 having travelled up from Wexford to see Ireland play Argentina. We had a nice corner seat in a bar, match on the telly, designated driver to take me home.

Flogged my match ticket and pinted it out.

Simeone, Veron, Batistuta …

I did this in 1998 having travelled up from Wexford to see Ireland play Argentina. We had a nice corner seat in a bar, match on the telly, designated driver to take me home.

At least you flogged your ticket, sc has deprived some poor sod of a night at the theatre by not even giving his ticket(s) away
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I keep doing it, to be honest. It seems like such a good idea when you book it, but then at the end of a working day, who can be ársed? The irritating thing is the waste of 90 quid per ticket.

I must make it a firm rule to only book Saturday matinée performances. Now that's the way to enjoy the theatre. A nice lunch, a couple of bottles of the good stuff, a snooze through the performance, home in time for Final Score. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Near enough. I used to love this as a yoof, with or without alc.

:gingerbeer: more like.