Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ireland ICC World Cup...big chance now

Btw...if you have a Betfair account you can watch it free there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Btw...if you have a Betfair account you can watch it free there.
    I don’t think there is huge demand tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Really?? Why are we allowing Ireland to play test match cricket? Bizarre if you ask me.

Do you get to pick Eoin Morgan?
    Eoin Morgan can fúck off.

He has made his bed, as such.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Eoin Morgan can fúck off.

He has made his bed, as such.
    Who were the other chaps who played for England? Boyd Rankin got a test or two, didn't he? I think Ed Joyce, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Who were the other chaps who played for England? Boyd Rankin got a test or two, didn't he? I think Ed Joyce, too?
    Joyce played for Ireland then England then back to us I think.

Never heard of Boyd Rankin, sounds a Protestant to be blunt.

I am not really sure how it works in Cricket. Seems quite make it up as you go along. If the chaps are short in Clontarf I suspect you could get a game.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Joyce played for Ireland then England then back to us I think.

Never heard of Boyd Rankin, sounds a Protestant to be blunt.

I am not really sure how it works in Cricket. Seems quite make it up as you go along. If the chaps are short in Clontarf I suspect you could get a game.
    I've looked it up and Rankin did similar. He still plays for you, I think.

You can't really blame someone who makes the grade for England playing for them, though, can you? Would you rather play for England on a central contract for bunches of cash or for Ireland for your bus fare to and from the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've looked it up and Rankin did similar. He still plays for you, I think.

You can't really blame someone who makes the grade for England playing for them, though, can you? Would you rather play for England on a central contract for bunches of cash or for Ireland for your bus fare to and from the ground?
    Yep - they were the big 3. All admitted they simply wanted to play Test cricket. We wanted the young spinner from Somerset as well (Dockrell) but he never really made it

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep - they were the big 3. All admitted they simply wanted to play Test cricket. We wanted the young spinner from Somerset as well (Dockrell) but he never really made it
    Once upon a time, Ireland used to play as 'The Gentlemen of Ireland' in lieu of a national team.

I must assume that they stopped that on the grounds that it simply became too hard to find 11 gentlemen in Ireland.