Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I to understand then that we, the developed world if you will, have decided to

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    just plough ahead with driverless cars and allow them to course around at speed controlled by nothing more than software written by an old junkie like me?

I mean that car, being monitored by some kind of trailer dwelling burger fiend, was going at a fair old lick! I thought these cars were to be benign little electric jobbies that would pootle around city centres at no more than about 15mph.
    Indeed. They appear to have just strapped a few electronic sensors to a great big SUV, and let it loose. Not exactly Knight Rider imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Fúck all wrong with anoraks all the same.

Anorak, cagoule, whatever you want to call it. Surely a fashion essential for people living in the islands of Ireland and Britain.
    I think you'll find it easier just to call them 'The British Isles', sw. No need to thank me.

:walksawaywhistling:

Anorak, cagoule, whatever you want to call it. Surely a fashion essential for people living in the islands of Ireland and Britain.
    Nobody needs a 'coat' that you have to pull over your head, sw
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think you'll find it easier just to call them 'The British Isles', sw. No need to thank me.

:walksawaywhistling:
    I refuse to recognise this definition.

Ireland is not British.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You are talking about a smock, handy for Autumn and early Winter but a devil to get off as you arrive in the pub for example.

It is very difficult for any man to carry this action off with aplomb.

just plough ahead with driverless cars and allow them to course around at speed controlled by nothing more than software written by an old junkie like me?

I mean that car, being monitored by some kind of trailer dwelling burger fiend, was going at a fair old lick! I thought these cars were to be benign little electric jobbies that would pootle around city centres at no more than about 15mph.
    Look, if people don't know any better than to wander out in front of fast-moving vehicles, then they are best removed from the gene pool imo. Doubly so if they are cyclists.

Personally, I am hugely in favour of these vehicles, since they will facilitate heavy drinking. Neck a faceful of ale, stumble into one's car and hey-ho, Johnny-robot takes you home as opposed to Johnny-illegal-immigrant or Johnny-Keen-Racist-From-Enfield. Marvellous.

Equally, awake at 6 the next morning still legless, but realising you have to get to Birmingham for a meeting. No problem. Stumble into the car half-dressed and, by the time you get there, you'll have had a kip, made yourself respectable and be ready to face whatever ghastly Midlander you have to convince to give you money.

I'm very much a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I thought b was Irish, so why he wants to wind you up for being irish I can't fathom..... perhaps he flips and changes like the glove wearing wrong 'un sc
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I refuse to recognise this definition.

Ireland is not British.
    Quite a large part of it is. And you talk the language - sort of. And you watch and listen to the BBC without paying for it.

Face it. You're British.

How can we possibly be the "developed" world when we spend all day sticking pictures on social media?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

You filthy fúcker.