Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I to understand then that we, the developed world if you will, have decided to

Am I to understand then that we, the developed world if you will, have decided to

just plough ahead with driverless cars and allow them to course around at speed controlled by nothing more than software written by an old junkie like me?

I mean that car, being monitored by some kind of trailer dwelling burger fiend, was going at a fair old lick! I thought these cars were to be benign little electric jobbies that would pootle around city centres at no more than about 15mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    just plough ahead with driverless cars and allow them to course around at speed controlled by nothing more than software written by an old junkie like me?

I mean that car, being monitored by some kind of trailer dwelling burger fiend, was going at a fair old lick! I thought these cars were to be benign little electric jobbies that would pootle around city centres at no more than about 15mph.
    No good will come of it, you mark my words. For a start, you'll have a generation who will grow up with no need to learn to drive. Now these people are already a bit fúcked up, not knowing if they're male or female, and they're about to be denied God's finest gift, the ability to control a motor vehicle? What sort of sub-humans will they be?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No good will come of it, you mark my words. For a start, you'll have a generation who will grow up with no need to learn to drive. Now these people are already a bit fúcked up, not knowing if they're male or female, and they're about to be denied God's finest gift, the ability to control a motor vehicle? What sort of sub-humans will they be?
    Do you own a pair of driving gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Do you own a pair of driving gloves?
    Not for road driving, no. For track driving, yes, as gloves are, very sensibly, mandatory.

Why do you ask?

Not for road driving, no. For track driving, yes, as gloves are, very sensibly, mandatory.

Why do you ask?
    Merely as it is the type of possession I associate with the car enthusiast.

I don't mean it in any way as a slight on you.

Well that is not entirely true as clearly the person that wears driving gloves is without doubt a person whose personal details are on various registers and not just one used for voting purposes.

Merely as it is the type of possession I associate with the car enthusiast.

I don't mean it in any way as a slight on you.

Well that is not entirely true as clearly the person that wears driving gloves is without doubt a person whose personal details are on various registers and not just one used for voting purposes.
    "Judge not lest ye be judged" is my motto, sw. I see chaps hanging around airfields with binoculours and notebooks; I do not decry their hobby or suggest that they are sexual offendors. I repsect their choice of pastime.

Perhaps a life dedicated to alcoholism and casual wife-beating has embittered you?

No offence.

Will you two stop flirting on my driverless car thread. Thank you.

"Judge not lest ye be judged" is my motto, sw. I see chaps hanging around airfields with binoculours and notebooks; I do not decry their hobby or suggest that they are sexual offendors. I repsect their choice of pastime.

Perhaps a life dedicated to alcoholism and casual wife-beating has embittered you?

No offence.
    . . . . . . .

No offence.
    But you do accept that they are sexual offenders, very likely repeat ones?

But you do accept that they are sexual offenders, very likely repeat ones?
    Lord yes, of course they are. With the anoraks and the beards and so on? Clearly, habitual fiddlers.

Lord yes, of course they are. With the anoraks and the beards and so on? Clearly, habitual fiddlers.
    Fúck all wrong with anoraks all the same.

Anorak, cagoule, whatever you want to call it. Surely a fashion essential for people living in the islands of Ireland and Britain.