Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anything that causes discomfort for that soulless ghoul Zuckerberg has to be

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    They changed the terms of the agreement without fully acknowledging the uses to which these changed functionalities would be put.
    Diddums!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    ... which is probably embedded somewhere in the hundreds and hundreds of lines of their Terms and Conditions of use.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the terms and conditions of use for Facebook contains more words than the US Constitution. Speaks volumes about both really...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Diddums!!!
    I'm sure that will be an irrefutable defence when the company that employs you to know about these things finds itself in the dock s

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I'm sure that will be an irrefutable defence when the company that employs you to know about these things finds itself in the dock s
    If something illegal has happened then Facebook or Cambridge Analytics deserve to be held accountable however if data has been harvested in line with agreed Terms and Conditions and now people are violated and offended as they don't like why the data was used then fúck them.

Remarkable stupidity of the people to think they were handing over all this data to a global giant who ask for no financial donation, and to then think said data was not being used for x, y and z.

If something illegal has happened then Facebook or Cambridge Analytics deserve to be held accountable however if data has been harvested in line with agreed Terms and Conditions and now people are violated and offended as they don't like why the data was used then fúck them.

Remarkable stupidity of the people to think they were handing over all this data to a global giant who ask for no financial donation, and to then think said data was not being used for x, y and z.
    Can we please stop talking about people being 'violated', though? I associate being violated with being non-consensually bummed, not with having some nerd using my personal information to get me to vote the way I probably would have anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Can we please stop talking about people being 'violated', though? I associate being violated with being non-consensually bummed, not with having some nerd using my personal information to get me to vote the way I probably would have anyway.
    No one, without using physical coercion, can get you to vote in a particular way. This whole brouhaha seems predicated on an acceptance that voters lack any agency and can manipulated like children.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Their privacy has been violated or whatever.

I would shoot the fúckers never mind violate them*

*I would not bum them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No one, without using physical coercion, can get you to vote in a particular way. This whole brouhaha seems predicated on an acceptance that voters lack any agency and can manipulated like children.
    Of course. It's a classic post hoc fallacy. 'We spunked a load of money on all this sh1t. Our side won and therefore it's spunking all this money wot won it'.

Their privacy has been violated or whatever.

I would shoot the fúckers never mind violate them*

*I would not bum them.
    On the whole (hole?) I would rather be bummed than shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This whole brouhaha seems predicated on an acceptance that voters lack any agency and can manipulated like children.
    Party. Political. Broadcasts.

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”