Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not sure comparing Putin to Hitler (however it was intentioned) was the wisest move

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The left never stops comparing Israel to the Nazis. Its pretty much their go-to insult.

Besides, Israel is a parliamentary democracy and not a police state run by a tyrannical autocrat.
    Funny that you made it into a left bashing comment? Who'd have thought it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Russia will be lucky to get out of the groups imo

But then again South Korea almost made it to final so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    so bad form on the Labour tosser who first said it, and also Borris for then repeating it
    Pah, not a patch on Trump's latest offering. A real 'Hold my beer' moment.

Threatening the former Vice-President, Joe Biden, with physical violence. Said "I'll take him down, hard and fast"

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Threatening the former Vice-President, Joe Biden, with physical violence. Said "I'll take him down, hard and fast"
    I sort of love the Donald

He's politics with all the tedious filters off. More of this sort of thing imo.

In fairness, the POTUS was just responding in kind. Biden has a long-standing sensitivity to charges of cowardice, over his unwillingness to take on Obama and Hillary Clinton for the presidency. In over-compensating and trying to play the tough guy, he threatened the Donald and the Donald merely fired some back.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I sort of love the Donald

He's politics with all the tedious filters off. More of this sort of thing imo.
    Quite, it's also a clearly deliberate ploy just to annoy his detractors. He's clearly pretty confident that his core support will see him through

Pointing out that tyrants have form for using major sporting events for propaganda purposes is hardly unacceptable, is it?

Besides, it's pretty funny to watch the same people who've been calling anyone to the right of Jeremy Corbyn 'Nazis' for the last few years start clutching their pearls because someone draws a valid historical parallel.

It isnt a valid historical parallel and is thoroughly irresponsible for a chap who is supposed to oversee our diplomacy. Thoroughly undiplomatic and this is going to be incredibly offensive to Russian people. More **** stirring from a government massively out of its depth.

You and me can say it,a foreign secretary cannot. This is what you get when you give an amiable buffoon a potentially significant job.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It isnt a valid historical parallel and is thoroughly irresponsible for a chap who is supposed to oversee our diplomacy. Thoroughly undiplomatic and this is going to be incredibly offensive to Russian people. More **** stirring from a government massively out of its depth.

You and me can say it,a foreign secretary cannot. This is what you get when you give an amiable buffoon a potentially significant job.
    The Russians are meant to find it offensive.

Fvck the Russian people.

The Russians are meant to find it offensive.

Fvck the Russian people.
    You could be Foreign Secretary

Quite, it's also a clearly deliberate ploy just to annoy his detractors. He's clearly pretty confident that his core support will see him through
    I don't think he actually has any really significant core support, at least, certainly not in the pejorative way his critics imply. In fact, the opposite is more likely true; he enjoys fairly broad appeal.

In politics, "base" is a term used to suggest your opponent's support is fully made up of lunatic extremist true believers and is utterly devoid of any wider, mainstream appeal.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."