Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Funny to think back to a time when rickyg would routinely wish cancer

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Surely a metal straw is just a pipe?
    We'd need Herb to rule on this one, sw. He's the expert in pipes. And sucking jizz out of men's arses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    ty, i. The benefits of a rounded education, you see.
    quite.

Worked in Brighton, went to a boarding school, of course he's a gayer, etc...

interesting (if you are into that sort of thing) case law re: discrimination by perception in this case.

English v Thomas Sanderson Ltd

The issue in the appeal is whether someone who is ribbed or teased – or, it might be said, tormented – by "homophobic banter" (the phrase used in this case) is or may be thereby harassed within the meaning of Regulation 5 when (a) he is not gay, (b) he is not perceived or assumed to be gay by his fellow workers, and (c) he accepts that they do not believe him to be gay.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2008/1421.html
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    quite.

interesting (if you are into that sort of thing) case law re: discrimination by perception in this case.

The issue in the appeal is whether someone who is ribbed or teased – or, it might be said, tormented – by "homophobic banter" (the phrase used in this case) is or may be thereby harassed within the meaning of Regulation 5 when (a) he is not gay, (b) he is not perceived or assumed to be gay by his fellow workers, and (c) he accepts that they do not believe him to be gay.

That's the trouble with having laws qua laws. So much in life is open to interpretation.

So much in life is open to interpretation.
    especially homophobic bantz. A great effort as a defence imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    quite.

"Lord Nicholls of Birkenhead"

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    "Lord Nicholls of Birkenhead"

Birkenhead. Now there is a fúcking shíthole.

Still, better than Liverpool.

on random strangers, and get away with it. That shít will now get you jailed.

Remember, kids:

"A Hate Crime is defined as "Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person's race or perceived race; religion or perceived religion; sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation; disability or perceived disability and any crime motivated by hostility or prejudice against a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender."

A Hate Incident is any incident which the victim, or anyone else, thinks is based on someone’s prejudice towards them because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or because they are transgender."

Call someone a ****, and if, in their or someone else's opinion, your reasons for doing so are non-PC, you have committed a criminal offence.

How on earth have we ended up in this place?
    In practice, its actually even worse than that. The hate crime can be based purely on the use of a word, even if there is precisely no correlation between the word and the victim, e.g. Using an offensive word relating to black people Whilst threatening to lamp a white bloke. There doesnt need to be any correlation between the term and the victim.