Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I would like to ask Monty if he is

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I can only ever recall them as being labelled a “good cup team” and of course the nonsense with the year ending in 1.

Even the era you speak of, and I am old enough to remember, I don’t seem to recall a true League challenge though let’s be honest it is a long time ago and things are cloudy.

This current lot seems to be the best group they have had in many years, though you still get the feeling something is absent. Even if City were not untouchable I still doubt they would come out on top.
    Oh no, they never actually mounted any sort of challenge, they just looked as though they might. I used to be scared when they came to Highbury that they'd give us a good hiding. Never happened, of course.

I can only ever recall them as being labelled a “good cup team” and of course the nonsense with the year ending in 1.

Even the era you speak of, and I am old enough to remember, I don’t seem to recall a true League challenge though let’s be honest it is a long time ago and things are cloudy.

This current lot seems to be the best group they have had in many years, though you still get the feeling something is absent. Even if City were not untouchable I still doubt they would come out on top.
    A bit later admittedly but the year Allen scored 49 goals they were very very good (both Hoddle and Waddle who for all their ********ery as commentators, were wonderful footballers) - possibly the best team in the country but spread too thin across and lost everything

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Even worse when your sister decides to support Spurs just to annoy you. We have Chas and Dave records in the house, sir c. Chas. And. Dave.
    One supposes she came to a bad end, la?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One supposes she came to a bad end, la?
    On the contrary, she is probably the success in the family. Certainly the rich one. Stopped the Spurs nonsense of course. Children brought up as Arsenal fans

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I thought they were going to win the league. Hoddle, Hazard, Crooks, Archibald, Falco. That lot.
    Galvin was the worst of them, imo. And Perryman.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Galvin was the worst of them, imo. And Perryman.
    Roberts surely.

Roberts surely.
    Definitely - Galvin became an awful commentator though as well, I think.

Speaking of that era, was thing of purchasing this when I am back home

http://www.wsc.co.uk/reviews/61-Mana...h-jared-browne

Definitely - Galvin became an awful commentator though as well, I think.

Speaking of that era, was thing of purchasing this when I am back home

http://www.wsc.co.uk/reviews/61-Mana...h-jared-browne
    Supposed to be a very good read, the manager just before Jack arrived and the gates opened up on any ****er that wanted to play for us.

Supposed to be a very good read, the manager just before Jack arrived and the gates opened up on any ****er that wanted to play for us.
    I could tell from the rugby, you only want true Irishmen playing like CJ Stander and Bundee Aki

I could tell from the rugby, you only want true Irishmen playing like CJ Stander and Bundee Aki
    There was actually quite the healthy debate on the national airwaves when Aki became eligible to play, not a personal attack but a heavy criticism from the public and ex-players of the 3 year rule.

Naturally this is all forgotten now.

What we would give for a young English footballer of above average talent to decide play for us. There was such ridiculous hype around Grealish a few years ago and now they are building up young Rice at West Ham to be the future.