Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So female tennis players who go off to have a baby will retain their world ranking

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    of course isn't.

you should pay men and women the same for doing either, the same work or work of equal value.

The statistics (the mathematical calculation for reporting) do get (sort of) manipulated to suit the agenda of course. . .
    There's no reason to believe women are paid less for the same work, after you've corrected for matters of choice such as having babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think these changes will apply after the baby is born, at which point a man may very well want to take over the child-caring responsibilities. My question is, will the advocates of this rule change also demand the same for men who want to hang out with their sprog for 2 years and then return to the game?
    don't be a ****
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

As always , Steve is correct

He is utilised to a far greater degree than Martina is
    Hours worked
    Importance of the matches analysed and co-commented on
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think these changes will apply after the baby is born, at which point a man may very well want to take over the child-caring responsibilities. My question is, will the advocates of this rule change also demand the same for men who want to hang out with their sprog for 2 years and then return to the game?
    You don't actually know what you are talking about which doesn't really help A women who takes two years out wouldn't have protected ranking either

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    As always , Steve is correct

He is utilised to a far greater degree than Martina is
    Hours worked
    Importance of the matches analysed and co-commented on
    Difficult to calculate 'pay' when trading on personality. This is where the gig economy, rather than 'employment', is useful.
    You can't compare McEnroe to Navratilova, even they are doing, essentially, the same work.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You don't actually know what you are talking about which doesn't really help A women who takes two years out wouldn't have protected ranking either
    This is a fair point. I literally heard the last 10 seconds of the story on the news and am irredeemably ignorant of the details.

But if you think that's going to stop me you are leeetle beeet naive.

of course isn't.

you should pay men and women the same for doing either, the same work or work of equal value.

The statistics (the mathematical calculation for reporting) do get (sort of) manipulated to suit the agenda of course. . .
    Yes, but birds don't do the same work as men, do they? You don't get female coal miners, front line soldiers, doctors or pilots, do you? I mean, you shouldn't, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, but birds don't do the same work as men, do they? You don't get female coal miners, front line soldiers, doctors or pilots, do you? I mean, you shouldn't, anyway.
    But who is to say the emotional labour of changing the colostomy bag of some rancid old **** with dementia every day is of less value than the physical labour of working down a coal mine?

of course isn't.

of course it's worth pointing out that in the tennis majors, the women get paid the same as the men for less work.........

And they serve more slowly
    Make more noise though
    10 characters? Pile of cund.