Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So female tennis players who go off to have a baby will retain their world ranking

So female tennis players who go off to have a baby will retain their world ranking

until they return to the circuit.

Presumably this will apply to men who take paternity leave too?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

You do realise that apart from the Grand Slam tournaments men's and women's tennis are run by two completely different organisations, don't you? Women's tennis have also had a protected ranking for injury for some years now (although they were talking of scrapping it)

What has you got against da bitchez, dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You do realise that apart from the Grand Slam tournaments men's and women's tennis are run by two completely different organisations, don't you? Women's tennis have also had a protected ranking for injury for some years now (although they were talking of scrapping it)
    Yes, but I assume the groups lobbying for these changes will also be doing the same for the organisation that runs the men's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What has you got against da bitchez, dude?
    Honestly, this gender pay gap business is sending me a bit crazy. I've never, ever seen an issue universally reported and discussed with such specious dishonesty.

There were two documentaries on it last night across the five terrestrial main channels.

It's actually significantly more mental than the transers stuff. Which is pretty fúcking mental.

Yes, but I assume the groups lobbying for these changes will also be doing the same for the organisation that runs the men's game.
    You're also aware it is a sport, yes? Which makes playing it while pregnant a bit difficult? That bit doesn't affect the father. It's almost like you're comparing two completely different situations just to make a childish point

Honestly, this gender pay gap business is sending me a bit crazy. I've never, ever seen an issue universally reported and discussed with such specious dishonesty.

There were two documentaries on it last night across the five terrestrial main channels.

It's actually significantly more mental than the transers stuff. Which is pretty fúcking mental.
    of course isn't.

you should pay men and women the same for doing either, the same work or work of equal value.

The statistics (the mathematical calculation for reporting) do get (sort of) manipulated to suit the agenda of course. . .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    of course isn't.

you should pay men and women the same for doing either, the same work or work of equal value.

The statistics (the mathematical calculation for reporting) do get (sort of) manipulated to suit the agenda of course. . .
    I saw a story earlier about Navratilova complaining she gets just 10% of what McEnroe gets on BBC for Wimbledon coverage.

Now I am no tennis buff but on the summer evening when I do see any tennis he (McEnroe) appears to be a constant presence while the Navratilova is not, presumably off doing lezzer stuff.

Yet the basis of the issue appeared to be simply reduced to man gets loads, man /lady gets less.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You're also aware it is a sport, yes? Which makes playing it while pregnant a bit difficult? That bit doesn't affect the father. It's almost like you're comparing two completely different situations just to make a childish point
    I think these changes will apply after the baby is born, at which point a man may very well want to take over the child-caring responsibilities. My question is, will the advocates of this rule change also demand the same for men who want to hang out with their sprog for 2 years and then return to the game?

don't be a ****
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar