Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fudge, fudge, fudge, fudge.

Fudge, fudge, fudge, fudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hmm, but from what I understand the deal reached yesterday requires a time-limit on the transitional period of 21 months.

If there was an attempt at a fudge, surely the transitional period would be unlimited? In fact, on this point the Government have actually ended up being firmer than they were previously...

Seems to me that the EU have got what they said they wanted at the start and have offered us very little
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Hmm, but from what I understand the deal reached yesterday requires a time-limit on the transitional period of 21 months.

If there was an attempt at a fudge, surely the transitional period would be unlimited? In fact, on this point the Government have actually ended up being firmer than they were previously...
    We'll end up 'leaving' under the same terms as the transition period; that is to say, pretty much under our current terms.

We'll end up 'leaving' under the same terms as the transition period; that is to say, pretty much under our current terms.
    Nah. It feels very much like a meaningful Brexit *will* happen at this point, although anything is possible.

Nah. It feels very much like a meaningful Brexit *will* happen at this point, although anything is possible.
    At this point we know that no menaingful Brexit will happen until 5 years after the vote. They've fudged 5 years away. They'll continue to fudge it.

At this point we know that no menaingful Brexit will happen until 5 years after the vote. They've fudged 5 years away. They'll continue to fudge it.

You dont like fudge? I dont care for it myself, too sugary.

Too sugary? I think fudge "is" sugar p. Like saying water is too watery.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You dont like fudge? I dont care for it myself, too sugary.
    . . . . . . .

But the complexity of Brexit meant leaving being a long drawn-out affair was always likely and if anyone's pissed off about it the fault lies with a) those who campaigned for leave who should have better informed the public that it was likely b) the public for not being engaged enough to work it out for themselves

But the complexity of brexit meant leaving being a long drawn-out affair was always likely and if anyone's pissed off about it the fault lies with a) those who campaigned for leave who should have better informed the public that it was likely b) the public for not being engaged enough to work it out for themselves
    Not necessarily. We could, had we a government worthy of the name, have triggered article 50, negotiated nothing, and walked away on WTO terms.