Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FilmrevieWIMB

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I never really understood why Terry in Minder appeared to be catnip for all the birds. He wasn't exactly sex on legs, was he?
    Was listening to a drama on Radio with Dennis Waterman in (from the 1990s, I think), he basically was the same character. Had to do with Welsh people burning cottages- he was still catnip (birdnip?) though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Was listening to a drama on Radio with Dennis Waterman in (from the 1990s, I think), he basically was the same character. Had to do with Welsh people burning cottages- he was still catnip (birdnip?) though
    Yes. It's quite possible that he wrote the thing, though. Which would explain how he was able to portray himself as irresistible to women.

I seem to remember he had a sitcom in the 80s/90s (where he wrote the theme tune, sang the theme tune, natch) and in which he played a wealthy middle aged man who was hugely attractive to women.

Yes. It's quite possible that he wrote the thing, though. Which would explain how he was able to portray himself as irresistible to women.

I seem to remember he had a sitcom in the 80s/90s (where he wrote the theme tune, sang the theme tune, natch) and in which he played a wealthy middle aged man who was hugely attractive to women.
    Oh, that was terrific. Sam Kelly and dear old Joan Sims were in it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, that was terrific. Sam Kelly and dear old Joan Sims were in it.
    Just the one Mrs Wembley

Just the one Mrs Wembley
    That's the chap. Anyone remember what it was called?

He was quite good with the birds though - Rula Lenska aside

Just the one Mrs Wembley
    That's it! Adorable, wholesome, family fun.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

That's the chap. Anyone remember what it was called?
    On The Up.

He was quite good with the birds though - Rula Lenska aside
    Didn't they marry and divorce and remarry and divorce?

The triumph of optimism over experience.

Didn't they marry and divorce and remarry and divorce?

The triumph of optimism over experience.
    There was something like that, yes. Now I remember his daughter was in EastEnders - different wife/mother though