Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FilmrevieWIMB

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    On The Up.
    I love Joan Sims - and Sam Kelly is lovely as well. Fifth best character in Porridge for a start

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I love Joan Sims - and Sam Kelly is lovely as well. Fifth best character in Porridge for a start
    I was just thinking this morning, "She's got gallstones an' all!"

No idea why.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Remember that time I was in the Passport Office with Sam Kelly and posted about it on here?

I still feel bad that he really didn't get the full value out of that passport renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Remember that time I was in the Passport Office with Sam Kelly and posted about it on here?

I still feel bad that he really didn't get the full value out of that passport renewal.
    I think it was Michael Holding who said that fame is like having a meal named after you at your favourite restaurant, and then being forced to eat that meal every day for the rest of your life
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think it was Michael Holding who said that fame is like having a meal named after you at your favourite restaurant, and then being forced to eat that meal every day for the rest of your life
    For me, r, he'll always be the bloke who went "'tler!" a bit late when everyone else was saying 'Heil Hitler!'

I can offer no higher praise.

For me, r, he'll always be the bloke who went "'tler!" a bit late when everyone else was saying 'Heil Hitler!'

I can offer no higher praise.
    Indeed. RMK, RIF.

now you mention it I do remember. Only 70 - seems young these days

now you mention it I do remember. Only 70 - seems young these days
    Yes. He got less than a year out of that passport. He should've got some sort of rebate imo.

Mind you, given that he must already have been diagnosed at that stage, he was being optimistic, tbh.

- He put up a fight it seems:

It was reported in January 2014, that Kelly had temporarily departed the production due to ill health, and that his replacement from 17 February 2014, would be Martyn Ellis. He was admitted to a hospice on 13 June 2014 and died early the next morning aged 70 after a long battle with cancer

Yes. It's quite possible that he wrote the thing, though. Which would explain how he was able to portray himself as irresistible to women.

I seem to remember he had a sitcom in the 80s/90s (where he wrote the theme tune, sang the theme tune, natch) and in which he played a wealthy middle aged man who was hugely attractive to women.
    Wasn't there a whole comedy skit about Denis Waterman being involved in every element of every TV programme he was asked to appear in? Might have been Spitting Image