Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other buswánkers here?

Any other buswánkers here?

I have now used the bus 5 times in the last 6 or 7 years, and every journey has been, well, fine. You have to go to the bus stop and look at the map to find out which number bus you need, but it's not too hard. Also, there's a sign on the bus which tells you which stop is next.

The only thing I don't understand is the bell which I think you're supposed to press to make the bus stop. I noticed, however, that the bus stopped even when no one pressed the bell, so who knows? I press it anyway, just to be safe, but I don't want to be identifiable as a noob. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have now used the bus 5 times in the last 6 or 7 years, and every journey has been, well, fine. You have to go to the bus stop and look at the map to find out which number bus you need, but it's not too hard. Also, there's a sign on the bus which tells you which stop is next.

The only thing I don't understand is the bell which I think you're supposed to press to make the bus stop. I noticed, however, that the bus stopped even when no one pressed the bell, so who knows? I press it anyway, just to be safe, but I don't want to be identifiable as a noob. Any advice?
    Get your butler to press it, then you won't look like a ****
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Never, ever, get on a bus. that is the only practical advice I can offer, sc.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Press it about four or five times - the drivers love that

Never attempt to pay with anything less than a £50 note. They love big notes do those bus drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Never attempt to pay with anything less than a £50 note. They love big notes do those bus drivers.
    Can you still use cash on those London busses?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Buses sometimes stop when no-one presses the bell because either someone at the bus stop signals that they want to get on, or because the next port of call is a Bus Stop rather than a Request Stop which means that the bus automatically stops there without anyone signalling that they want to get on, or signalling that they want to get off.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Buses sometimes stop when no-one presses the bell because either someone at the bus stop signals that they want to get on, or because the next port of call is a Bus Stop rather than a Request Stop which means that the bus automatically stops there without anyone signalling that they want to get on, or signalling that they want to get off.

HTH
    That all seems clear, a. Thank you.

When you board the bus, have a chat with the driver lasting not less than 10 seconds
    Passengers don't mind because they have all the time in the world

If you see an empty seat, sit near the aisle and spread your legs
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I'm a bus and tramwánker atm but it's all new to me as well, I think Ash has nailed it below tbh.

I'll say one thing about public transport though and that is the only thing I can find wrong with it is, err the public...
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'