Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BreakfastWIMB: Teensy bit hungover this morning, drive to work took no time, so I go

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    to the McDonald's in Dartford with the intention of having a Sausage & Egg McMuffin. However, when perusing the options, I see a Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel and - on a whim - go for that instead.

Report: Not bad. However, for some reason they've opted for the weird omelette sh1t rather than an actual egg. One the plus side, however, there seems to be more cheese than on the McMuffin. The bagel itself holds together well and has a pleasant texture. Also, unlike the muffin, all those bits of semolina sh1t don't fall off it. However, the hole in the middle means melty cheese and grease escape, making it unwieldy and messy to handle for the unwary. Napkins essential.

Summary: The Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel: Is it better than the McMuffin? No, not quite.
    Is it worth an occasional foray for the sake of variety? Absolutely.
    I find the addition of ketchup to be essential to the S&EM experience. Do you add ketchup, Burney?

Is that not a Yanqui sauce? They call it 'steak sauce', I think.
    Yes, it's just runny HP sauce. And it's quite dated, as well.

You'd struggle to find American hipsters who violated their USDA steak with A1, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I find the addition of ketchup to be essential to the S&EM experience. Do you add ketchup, Burney?
    No. I think the sausage and cheese speak for themselves and need no accompaniment.

Yes, it's just runny HP sauce. And it's quite dated, as well.

You'd struggle to find American hipsters who violated their USDA steak with A1, I think.
    I've deffo seen it on tables in diners in thon United States.

No. I think the sausage and cheese speak for themselves and need no accompaniment.
    Hmmm, I find the sweetness and vinegar of ketchup finishes off the salty, greasiness quite nicely.

Same with a bacon or sausage sandwich - inconceivable with ketchup or, at a push, brown sauce.

I've deffo seen it on tables in diners in thon United States.
    Yeah you would but it would never be seen in an upscale steakhouse. It's their equivalent of brown sauce on a cultural level.

Hmmm, I find the sweetness and vinegar of ketchup finishes off the salty, greasiness quite nicely.

Same with a bacon or sausage sandwich - inconceivable with ketchup or, at a push, brown sauce.
    I find the grease to be a more than adequate condiment - with the cheese to add piquancy.