Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BreakfastWIMB: Teensy bit hungover this morning, drive to work took no time, so I go

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    to the McDonald's in Dartford with the intention of having a Sausage & Egg McMuffin. However, when perusing the options, I see a Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel and - on a whim - go for that instead.

Report: Not bad. However, for some reason they've opted for the weird omelette sh1t rather than an actual egg. One the plus side, however, there seems to be more cheese than on the McMuffin. The bagel itself holds together well and has a pleasant texture. Also, unlike the muffin, all those bits of semolina sh1t don't fall off it. However, the hole in the middle means melty cheese and grease escape, making it unwieldy and messy to handle for the unwary. Napkins essential.

Summary: The Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel: Is it better than the McMuffin? No, not quite.
    Is it worth an occasional foray for the sake of variety? Absolutely.
    Bagels are just wrong, b. Taste and texture of stale bread

to the McDonald's in Dartford with the intention of having a Sausage & Egg McMuffin. However, when perusing the options, I see a Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel and - on a whim - go for that instead.

Report: Not bad. However, for some reason they've opted for the weird omelette sh1t rather than an actual egg. One the plus side, however, there seems to be more cheese than on the McMuffin. The bagel itself holds together well and has a pleasant texture. Also, unlike the muffin, all those bits of semolina sh1t don't fall off it. However, the hole in the middle means melty cheese and grease escape, making it unwieldy and messy to handle for the unwary. Napkins essential.

Summary: The Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel: Is it better than the McMuffin? No, not quite.
    Is it worth an occasional foray for the sake of variety? Absolutely.
    An interesting report and a valuable addition to the sum total of human knowledge b, thank you.

Yesterday I breakfasted at The Grosvenor House and was excited to be offered a type of brown sauce hitherto unsampled by me; A1 sauce. Breathless with anticipation, I applied a dab to my sausage: it was rank

Such a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Bagels are magnificent, once toasted. Pre-toasting, just a load of old ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Bagels are magnificent, once toasted. Pre-toasting, just a load of old ****e.
    But they're missing a great chunk! Not a patch on fresh white loaf

But they're missing a great chunk! Not a patch on fresh white loaf
    You arent supposed to eat the hole

Yes. But in this instance, the sturdiness of the bagel meant it could soak up a lot of grease, which made the whole thing structurally sound. The hole is an issue, however. If they made the bagel without the hole, it would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You arent supposed to eat the hole
    Tell that to your mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    An interesting report and a valuable addition to the sum total of human knowledge b, thank you.

Yesterday I breakfasted at The Grosvenor House and was excited to be offered a type of brown sauce hitherto unsampled by me; A1 sauce. Breathless with anticipation, I applied a dab to my sausage: it was rank

Such a disappointment.
    Is that not a Yanqui sauce? They call it 'steak sauce', I think.

I doubt they have bagels in Germany, tbh. What with them killing all the Jews and everything.
    They do have something similar but I was put off by the egg

Is that not a Yanqui sauce? They call it 'steak sauce', I think.
    Created for George IV, apparently. It tastes like it's American, though. Sweet as fúck.
    Last edited by Sir C; 03-16-2018 at 10:08 AM.