Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expelling Russian hoods - just like the good old days

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Not much other than allowing criminals to reap the rewards for their illegal efforts. Who could possibly object to that?
    Bit judgemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Bit judgemental.
    Entrepreneurs being allowed to retain and reinvest their wealth is what WES meant, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Corbyn taking the 'it's all the UK's fault anyway' line. He's like a netto jorge, but less footbasll hipsterish.

Honestly, why do these people hate their own country quite so much?
    I get what you mean, man. Secret allegiance to Vladimir Putin's engorged male member. Kind of disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I get what you mean, man. Secret allegiance to Vladimir Putin's engorged male member. Kind of disgusting.
    Speaking of which, one of my contacts is a solid bud of Vladimir Putin. I find it's useful to foster such contacts, and I will continue to do so.

Orwell - as ever - had these cvnts' number.

England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals 
are ashamed of their own nationality. In left-wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution, from horse racing to suet puddings. It is a strange fact, but it is unquestionably true that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of standing to attention during ‘God save the King’ than of stealing from a poor box. All through the critical years many left-wingers were chipping away at English morale, trying to spread an outlook that was sometimes squashily pacifist, sometimes violently pro-Russian, but always anti-British.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Orwell - as ever - had these cvnts' number.
    Seriously. Shooting an Elephant. That is my favorite expository essay of all time.

Seriously. Shooting an Elephant. That is my favorite expository essay of all time.
    Yeah, he was a bit of a fanny about that, tbh. Sometimes one simply has to do what is needful to show the coolies who's boss. I don't see the problem myself.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yeah but May bottled it. Expelling the oligarchs and seizing assets would have been my choice, especially Abramovich.

They will expel a few of ours and deny the whole thing and nothing will change.

Pathetic.
    This is a measured response designed to offer the Russians an opportunity to de-escalate while making it clear that more radical options are there should they choose not to. It's part of the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, he was a bit of a fanny about that, tbh. Sometimes one simply has to do what is needful to show the coolies who's boss. I don't see the problem myself.
    I quite agree.