Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here's what I want to know about Hawking's death: when did they turn off his voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've got to take a group of senior motor industry executives to a títty bar in Germany in a couple of weeks. The problem with German is that all the títty bars are knocking shops, so some blokes inevitably take the hospitality too far and it costs me a fortune
    I was taken to one of those in Paris a number of years ago, quite a shock for a sweet impressionable Northern lad like moi
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Harsh, he had a very good sense of humour by all accounts.
    Problem is, humour is all to do with timing and the delivery. Both are surely impacted by him having to program his voice/not being able to deliver it particularly eloquently.

I've got to take a group of senior motor industry executives to a títty bar in Germany in a couple of weeks. The problem with German is that all the títty bars are knocking shops, so some blokes inevitably take the hospitality too far and it costs me a fortune
    Is that what you used car salesmen get up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Is that what you used car salesmen get up to?
    Yes, it's more glamourous than you bank clerks cashing up bags of 2p bits for pensioners, isn't it?

Yes, it's more glamourous than you bank clerks cashing up bags of 2p bits for pensioners, isn't it?
    them damn pensioners have to bag up there own change, don't make our job seem less glam' than it really is

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    As I made my way into work this morning and saw the news, my first thought was 'I'd set the book at 10am for Burney posting something heartless and offensive on AWIMB'.

Got that pretty much spot on.

Can't believe that was the first thing I thought of.
    Apparently, they're not certain he's dead.

They've put him in a bag of rice for the moment. Later on they'll press his b0llocks and his left ear at the same time and see if he restarts.

Have they called the AA yet ?
    A set of jump leads and he'll be as good as new
    10 characters? Pile of cund.