Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Sir C, you can fly to the lake district from early June

Sir C, you can fly to the lake district from early June

save 8 hrs in the car
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    save 8 hrs in the car
    To Carlisle, you mean? I've flown to Carlisle many times, but by the time you've driven to the airfield, got the aeroplane out of the hangar, flown to Carlisle, hired a car and driven down to Ullswater you've barely saved any time, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    To Carlisle, you mean? I've flown to Carlisle many times, but by the time you've driven to the airfield, got the aeroplane out of the hangar, flown to Carlisle, hired a car and driven down to Ullswater you've barely saved any time, really.
    I'm flying out of EGLC next week for the first time. Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm flying out of EGLC next week for the first time. Any good?
    Well, it's an airport, so if you want to fly somewhere, I'd say it's a reasonable option.

Well, it's an airport, so if you want to fly somewhere, I'd say it's a reasonable option.
    Yes but not all airports are equal, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes but not all airports are equal, are they?
    Makes no difference to me. Take the Fast Track through security, sit in ther lounge for an hour, turn left upon boarding the aircraft. It could be Heathrow, which is shít, or it could be Changi, which is brilliant. I don't care.

Actually City is shít because it costs all sorts of fortunes to park and there's no business class lounge. City can fúck off.

Makes no difference to me. Take the Fast Track through security, sit in ther lounge for an hour, turn left upon boarding the aircraft. It could be Heathrow, which is shít, or it could be Changi, which is brilliant. I don't care.

Actually City is shít because it costs all sorts of fortunes to park and there's no business class lounge. City can fúck off.
    City is great because you get to drive the DLR there.

Not that I've ever used it personally.
    Last edited by Ash; 03-12-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    City is great because you get go drive the DLR there.

Not that I've ever used it personally.
    The planes are tiny and gay, though. And they take off pretty much vertically, which can be a touch alarming if you're not expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The planes are tiny and gay, though. And they take off pretty much vertically, which can be a touch alarming if you're not expecting it.
    Better than crashing into One Canada Square or one of its chums tbf.