Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I don't want to get all jingoistic, but this Salisbury business.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    May is going to stamp her feet and say we are very cross.... so no, we will do bugger all
    The very least we should do is withdraw from the World Cup, ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well given that Putin has effectively stated that he considers all traitors to be targets and that Russia’s overseas assassinations have not been notable for their adroitness, you’ll understand if disagree with you here.
    I suspect that the gentlemen of The Circus know perfectly well who did it, and why. If it was a Russian state-sponsored assassination, the problem is quite what we can do about it. Realpolitik, b. Immer Realpolitik.

I mean, Ivan has in effect launched a chemical weapons attack on British soil that appears to have affected hundreds of people and fundamentally broken the rules of international espionage. Are we actually going to...y'know...do something?
    The bit that really confuses me is the theatricality. Nerve agents, poisoned umbrellas, polonium... these KGB types are just wannabe Bond villains, aren't they?

Why not simply shoot the **** through the head?

The very least we should do is withdraw from the World Cup, ffs!
    Well Scotland, Wales and N Ireland obviously knew something like this would happen so did it months ago... we will withdraw after about 10 days of the WC
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Well given that Putin has effectively stated that he considers all traitors to be targets and that Russia’s overseas assassinations have not been notable for their adroitness, you’ll understand if disagree with you here.
    Also, Nerve gas is fairly identifiable as state sponsored. Not exactly readily available

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The bit that really confuses me is the theatricality. Nerve agents, poisoned umbrellas, polonium... these KGB types are just wannabe Bond villains, aren't they?

As I say, because anyone can do that. This way, the correct individuals ensure they get the credit, the mark is added to their scorecard.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Because they're vulgar barbarians with no sense of how things are supposed to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yeah, let's have a nuclear war, despite Russia having no motive for killing a bloke they could have killed in their own prison years ago. And if they did they wouldn't be so clumsy.

I quite like the weird theory about another Clinton murder, bumping him off before he spills something about Steele's (to whom he was connected) dodgy dossier, while blaming Russia as an excuse to ramp up the defcon even further. #WereAllGoingToDie
    #SpiritCooking ?

I'm guessing one should only Google that with extreme caution, by the way.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 03-12-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    May is going to stamp her feet and say we are very cross.... so no, we will do bugger all
    She could send Boris on a state visit there - that would teach them

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yeah, let's have a nuclear war, despite Russia having no motive for killing a bloke they could have killed in their own prison years ago. And if they did they wouldn't be so clumsy.

I quite like the weird theory about another Clinton murder, bumping him off before he spills something about Steele's (to whom he was connected) dodgy dossier, while blaming Russia as an excuse to ramp up the defcon even further. #WereAllGoingToDie
    Tell me a, do you see Comrade Putin as a sort of benevolant figure, father of the Russian people and friend to all the peoples of the world, unfairly maligned and smeared and the victim of all sorts of bizarre conspiracies?

I mean, why would the rest of the world constantly want to make up stuff about the chap and his regime?