Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now I don't want to get all jingoistic, but this Salisbury business.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Tell me a, do you see Comrade Putin as a sort of benevolant figure, father of the Russian people and friend to all the peoples of the world, unfairly maligned and smeared and the victim of all sorts of bizarre conspiracies?

I mean, why would the rest of the world constantly want to make up stuff about the chap and his regime?
    My best mate married a Ruskie and has gone all very defensive about Putin. It's very weird

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    As I say, because anyone can do that. This way, the correct individuals ensure they get the credit, the mark is added to their scorecard.
    I couldn't. Not without some training. The technicalities coupled with the nerves would defeat me.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    My best mate married a Ruskie and has gone all very defensive about Putin. It's very weird
    When I was diving in Egypt there were lots of them there (drinking vodka at 8am and stamping on coral ) & many of them were sporting t-shirts with Putin's face/Putin riding a horse/Putin drinking vodka/Putin climbing a mountain on.

No, in that game, it's important to leave a fairly obvious marker, a signature or calling card. You know, so that everyone knows who did it.
    Like the Milk Tray man?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    When I was diving in Egypt there were lots of them there (drinking vodka at 8am and stamping on coral ) & many of them were sporting t-shirts with Putin's face/Putin riding a horse/Putin drinking vodka/Putin climbing a mountain on.
    Same in ski resorts as well. All money, no manners.

Tell me a, do you see Comrade Putin as a sort of benevolant figure, father of the Russian people and friend to all the peoples of the world, unfairly maligned and smeared and the victim of all sorts of bizarre conspiracies?

I mean, why would the rest of the world constantly want to make up stuff about the chap and his regime?
    Perhaps we need to ask this young lady?

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I couldn't. Not without some training. The technicalities coupled with the nerves would defeat me.
    Right. OK then; let us say, anyone with some training.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Perhaps we need to ask this young lady?

It I had a pwerful electron microscope to hand, r, I might know what you're on about. Sadly, I don't.

It I had a pwerful electron microscope to hand, r, I might know what you're on about. Sadly, I don't.
    Ah, yes. Quite. Well, it's just a photo of a young Frau Merkel, got up as a commie. Almost certainly for a fancy dress party.

Or something.

I mean, nobody is seriously suggesting she's a life-long sympathiser and would prefer that the past remain in the past or anything like that.

No.

It's Mutti Merkel in her DDR Freie Deutsche Jugend outfit.