Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know who is a lovely, tidy little footballer, don't you?

You know who is a lovely, tidy little footballer, don't you?

Mohamed Elneny, that's who.

He'd be an absolute star at West Brom or Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Mohamed Elneny, that's who.

He'd be an absolute star at West Brom or Southampton.
    Works well with Xhaka, who also has looked like the player I thought we'd signed in the last couple of matches

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Works well with Xhaka, who also has looked like the player I thought we'd signed in the last couple of matches
    Yes, I thought Xhaka looked the part yesterday - although he did irritate me somewhat when, having lost the ball in midfield, he chased back and won it back in his own crowded penalty area, then backheeled it to Cech

Yes, I thought Xhaka looked the part yesterday - although he did irritate me somewhat when, having lost the ball in midfield, he chased back and won it back in his own crowded penalty area, then backheeled it to Cech
    Yep, even though it came off, I did utter a few expletives at that.

I ****ing loved that. Nothing wrong with a clever backheel around the penalty area. Unless it costs your team a goal and you probably **** off and join the team who you helped get through a tight Champions League match

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I ****ing loved that. Nothing wrong with a clever backheel around the penalty area. Unless it costs your team a goal and you probably **** off and join the team who you helped get through a tight Champions League match
    Oh, I'm all in favour of the clever backheel in theory but in this instance he was abut 6 yards from his own goal, as I remember it.

I must say, I am enjoying Aubameyang's cool head in front of goal.

Oh, I'm all in favour of the clever backheel in theory but in this instance he was abut 6 yards from his own goal, as I remember it.

I must say, I am enjoying Aubameyang's cool head in front of goal.
    Oh it was utter madness, particularly with Cech's recent, um, difficulties with his feet. Aubameyang is going to be superb - such a shame we can't play him in Europe. Did like that Smudge was given Mkhitaryan so much **** before that lovely set-up for the goal

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yes, I thought that as well. And agree on Elneny, absolutely mystified that he isn't always in our first 11.

Although Wenger's comments on team selection are rather enlightening and may explain it. 'I just pick the best players as they can always play together' -

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Oh it was utter madness, particularly with Cech's recent, um, difficulties with his feet. Aubameyang is going to be superb - such a shame we can't play him in Europe. Did like that Smudge was given Mkhitaryan so much **** before that lovely set-up for the goal
    In fairness Mkhitaryan was having a bit of a shocker at that point; he was looking decidedly lightweight, like a player newly arrived in English football who can't quite believe the intensity of every challenge.

Quite how Atkinson failed to give a penalty and a red card when thon bloke tried to snap some Armenian ankle is a mystery to me.

In fairness Mkhitaryan was having a bit of a shocker at that point; he was looking decidedly lightweight, like a player newly arrived in English football who can't quite believe the intensity of every challenge.

Quite how Atkinson failed to give a penalty and a red card when thon bloke tried to snap some Armenian ankle is a mystery to me.
    Shame he has been here for a couple of years then....
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar