Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So would people rather we didn't win the UEFA if it meant Wenger

So would people rather we didn't win the UEFA if it meant Wenger

leaves this summer, or would they tolerate him for another year in exchange for a (albeit potentially fleeting) return to the CL?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    leaves this summer, or would they tolerate him for another year in exchange for a (albeit potentially fleeting) return to the CL?
    Based on the belief that a return to the CL would be a waste of time and next season would be worse than this one, I would prefer it if he left with us in the Europa League.

However, in a practical sense I believe he will stay either way so on that basis I would prefer to win the Europa League.

Can't we be a leetle beet spoilt and have the UEFA Cup and Wenger ****ing off on a high?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Can't we be a leetle beet spoilt and have the UEFA Cup and Wenger ****ing off on a high?
    Its the least likely of all realistic options. Virtually no chance of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its the least likely of all realistic options. Virtually no chance of that happening.
    You are remarkably confident of that and I literally have no idea why.

We won't win it and he won't leave until the end of his contract. Altletico will knock us out in the next round.

So would people rather we didn't win the UEFA if it meant Wenger leaves this summer, or would they tolerate him for another year in exchange for a (albeit potentially fleeting) return to the CL?

One win and suddenly we are speculating that we might salvage our season by winning a trophy and getting back into the CL. Which would be like two trophies of course.

Yes, I'd like to win it, and to hell with the consequences. (Relegation next year a la Cloughie).

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

One win and suddenly we are speculating that we might salvage our season by winning a trophy and getting back into the CL. Which would be like two trophies of course.

Yes, I'd like to win it, and to hell with the consequences. (Relegation next year a la Cloughie).
    Championship football would be ace, a. We'd get to play Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Championship football would be ace, a. We'd get to play Leeds
    Mandatory for the failure to use the word "dirty" as a prefix to said football club name.

I want him to go irrespective of how we do in the EL.

Not sure that answers your question.