Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you think of someone who went to 5 Guys, ordered a bacon cheeseburger

What would you think of someone who went to 5 Guys, ordered a bacon cheeseburger

and then ate it with a knife and fork?

I saw exactly this in Guildford the other day. Middle aged English woman sitting with her husband and two children who - quite rightly - were eating their burgers with their hands.

Bizarre. Almost as bad as people who eat pizza with a knife and fork imo.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I saw exactly this in Guildford the other day. Middle aged English woman sitting with her husband and two children who - quite rightly - were eating their burgers with their hands.

She had brought the knife and fork with her? I would be inclined to congratulate her for being so prepared.

Does depend on where you're eating the pizza. Domino's, Papa Johns, etc of course you eat with your hands but Pizza Express, etc is a knife and fork job.

Eating a burger must always be done by hand. Off to Almost Famous at lunch very much looking forward to some incredibly unhealthy eating

I've seen people cut naan bread with a knife and fork
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    She had brought the knife and fork with her? I would be inclined to congratulate her for being so prepared.
    Only if she brought plastic ones. I suspect she asked for them as they aren't openly offered.

Stupid cow that she was.

The question should be, why would you want to go to 5 guys unless you are a wrong 'un
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Only if she brought plastic ones. I suspect she asked for them as they aren't openly offered.

Stupid cow that she was.
    Her nail varnish may still have been a bit tacky. Or she might have had shít on her fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Does depend on where you're eating the pizza. Domino's, Papa Johns, etc of course you eat with your hands but Pizza Express, etc is a knife and fork job.

Eating a burger must always be done by hand. Off to Almost Famous at lunch very much looking forward to some incredibly unhealthy eating
    Yes, I'll give you the Pizza Express one although I expect if you ask they will cut it for you. When I eat there I cut it myself and then pick the pieces up and eat them by hand.

I have learnt to keep my fork in my left hand since moving to England but I draw the line at eating pizza and burgers with utensils. Unacceptable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Her nail varnish may still have been a bit tacky. Or she might have had shít on her fingers.
    Well she noticed the **** on the next table
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

When she took us to Wimpy, my granny wouldn't let us eat a burger other than with a knife and fork. She abhorred people eating with their hands. She tolerated sandwiches, but only if they were cut up small enough that one could eat the pieces with one hand. She associated eating things with two hands with the lower orders. And she was right.

People had standards back in those days. Better times.