Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What would you think of someone who went to 5 Guys, ordered a bacon cheeseburger

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    An American. Deep-fat fried pickles is a popular delicacy in places like Arkansas and Mississippi. Delicious

Take those revolting things out of my face afore I strike ye!

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    and then ate it with a knife and fork?

I saw exactly this in Guildford the other day. Middle aged English woman sitting with her husband and two children who - quite rightly - were eating their burgers with their hands.

Bizarre. Almost as bad as people who eat pizza with a knife and fork imo.
    It's a very German thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You also have to accept that it's not going to be pretty. You need napkins to hand.
    This is why some women go for the knife and fork option.

A shish kebab is also a problem here. THe big lumps of meat make it difficult as hand food and if it is lamb, the chewiness can destroy the whole set up. I am 50-50 on this. I often go with cutlery.

What would you think of someone who went to 5 Guys, ordered a bacon cheeseburger and then ate it with a knife and fork?
    I would mind my own business and get on with my life free from the burden of judgemental indignation and outrage.

Maybe they had a bit of a toothache and couldn't bite comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I would mind my own business and get on with my life free from the burden of judgemental indignation and outrage.

Maybe they had a bit of a toothache and couldn't bite comfortably.
    Cutlery nazi-ism aside I am just unsure how a person could even do it in said food emporium.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Exactly. Have a few chips first, inspect the rest of the plate. Prepare the burger for holding and then commence once you acknowledge you are ready to go all in. Finish the remaining chips at the end. This can also help to mop up any sauce that may have scraped from the burger during consumption.
    Quite the other way around, I'm afraid. And let's be honest, a Brit lecturing an American or a Canadian on how to eat a burger is pretty rich.

The answer is to put it down upside down as you progress through the burger. The top half of the bun is always larger and more likely to hold its shape as it hasn't had the juice and the condiments dripping into it. This way one can take his time with it.

You Brits really are burger amateurs.

Quite the other way around, I'm afraid. And let's be honest, a Brit lecturing an American or a Canadian on how to eat a burger is pretty rich.

The answer is to put it down upside down as you progress through the burger. The top half of the bun is always larger and more likely to hold its shape as it hasn't had the juice and the condiments dripping into it. This way one can take his time with it.

So using your comment above, a Canadian or Yank lecturing us about Football is pretty rich?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's a very German thing to do
    Case closed then, innit?

Yes, I am not sure the ability to eat a burger would be too high up on Britain's list of cultural accomplishments in any case. But then I suppose if you are Canadian you grab what you can.

You did produce Leonard Cohen, so you are alright by me. Of course, he had to go to NEw York to become Leonard Cohen but nevertheless......

Case closed then, innit?
    Oh, so we are going to start kraut-bashing are we?

Our european partners....