Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: That is a seriously **** team. Awful full backs, dreadful midfield and a useless

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    An absurdly over-rated, over-hyped ultra-fashionable NME-type band, who achieved some level of popularity a decade-or-two back because people were told to like them by the NM fùcking E. Fronted by a complete tosspot.

Just my opinion of course, but HTH
    Such a powerful argument compels full agreement and no further questions asked, I reckon.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The singly most over-rated and hyped band in the history of recorded music, perhaps with the exception of The Strokes.

NME darlings.
    Hyperbole. Classic example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    An absurdly over-rated, over-hyped ultra-fashionable NME-type band, who achieved some level of popularity a decade-or-two back because people were told to like them by the NM fùcking E. Fronted by a complete tosspot.

Just my opinion of course, but HTH
    I would struggle to concur with this post more even if I wrote it myself.

Wd A.

The singly most over-rated and hyped band in the history of recorded music, perhaps with the exception of The Strokes.

NME darlings.
    Hmmm.... werent Suede on the cover of NME or MelodyMaker before they had even released a single?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hmmm.... werent Suede on the cover of NME or MelodyMaker before they had even released a single?
    Everyone lost their shít about Sigue Sigue Sputnik, for fúck's sake.

NME darlings.
    I quite liked them

Not sure tbh. They were for sure music media darlings around the time of their first album, headlined the NME stage at Glastonbury on the Friday night, criminally pushing Teenage Fanclub into the support slot.

Thing is the media moved on quickly, almost dropped them when Bernard Butler left.

The Libertines took drugs which was a massive part of their cool. Whatever talent they had was almost secondary.

The Theo Walcotts of pop?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I quite liked them
    I liked bits of it. But then I also liked The Strokes. And Suede

And The Smiths, who seem to take a bashing here on a fairly regular basis.

As with all things, I seem to be a little out of step with the rest of Awimb.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I quite liked them
    I am going to take a speculative stab in the dark here and suggest you were drunk when you heard them.