Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: That is a seriously **** team. Awful full backs, dreadful midfield and a useless

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Too mild, surely? Hyperbole suggests massive overstatement or ridiculous embellishment.
    It's a lovely and apt word, sir c - don't let p bully you on your language. Just point and laugh at his utter cretinity when it comes to football. Think Rich knows more than him

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Right on the money. Call a spade a spade, as it were.
    I remember someone describing a chap to me who he considered rather blunt. "He's the kind of bloke," he said, "who calls a spade a fúcking n****r."

Language was so much more poetic back then, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Overstatement? Embellishment?
    Embroidery? Embellishment? Lies?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's a lovely and apt word, sir c - don't let p bully you on your language. Just point and laugh at his utter cretinity when it comes to football. Think Rich knows more than him
    I am here you know.

I remember someone describing a chap to me who he considered rather blunt. "He's the kind of bloke," he said, "who calls a spade a fúcking n****r."

Language was so much more poetic back then, somehow.
    Hmmmm.... yes, I suppose so. Colourful might be another description.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'd be the first to acknowledge that football is about opinions and judgements about players are, to a degree, subjective, but those with a downer on Ramsey really have me scratching my head. I mean, can't they just look at what he does?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Embroidery? Embellishment? Lies?
    Are you calling him gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Our midfield has been a disgrace all season. Xhaka, the main focus of my fury, is all over the place in pretty much every game. Jesus, even Wenger leapt off the bench to call him a useless **** last night after he blazed a shot 20 years over the bar with three players well positioned ahead of him. Hopeless.

THe left back has done well as a wing back but even Wenger has been reluctant to field him as a left back. When he has, he hasn't performed brilliantly. Maitland-Niles, a right footed midfielder, came on and looked better than him last night.

Chambers and Ospina are, I assume, not on the table for debate.

I think you know when I referred to midfield that I wasnt talking about Ozil et al. I have in fact been ridiculed for saying that Wilshere is miles better than our other central midfielders. That said, Ramsey is a useless ****.
    Hmmm, other than one or two moments I thought Chambers played quite well, it brought back memories of his first season with us when he looked like a good player. Kolasinac is never going to be Baresi defensively but goodness me some of his touches going forward were a joy to watch. And I can't remember muttering 'useless Welsh tw@t' once the entire game. Quite remarkable.

Even Xhaka seemed to be in the right position more often than not. In fact, other than Welbeck being utterly dire for the first 40 minutes or so, I don't think anyone played badly that I recall.

It was almost like not watching Arsenal.

I'd be the first to acknowledge that football is about opinions and judgements about players are, to a degree, subjective, but those with a downer on Ramsey really have me scratching my head. I mean, can't they just look at what he does?
    You could look at what he doesnt do for a more balanced view.

He is capable for being a very good footballer but not, I fear, under Wenger. He needs more direction than he gets with us.

Chatted to a Boro fan recently who was adamant that if we gave Chambers a run of games at centre half he would prove to be the answer we’ve been looking for but admitted that he will be probably made a scapegoat and sold before excelling elsewhere.

Was supposedly their best player last year but then they did get relegated....like West Brom and Johnny Evans who we are interested in.

Makes you wonder wants going on...

Holding was playing for Bolton reserves when we signed him
    Chambers was at Boro who got relegated
    We’re linked to Evans who will suffer the same faith.
    We signed Mustafi who Valencia was desperate to get shot of
    We’ve signed a Greek kid who was playing for team I never heard of.

No surprise the back line has been rubbish.