Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: That is a seriously **** team. Awful full backs, dreadful midfield and a useless

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is a pretty **** team .

there are at least four players in that starting line up who sit somewhere between **** and useless. And a couple more I dont care too much for.
    "Awful full backs, dreadful midfield and a useless centre forward"

Kolasinac was highly regarded in the Bundesliga so describing him as 'awful' is a bit silly. Chambers I'll grant you. Welbeck has been pretty useless, agreed. Where you've immersed yourself in juvenile hyperbole is describing the collection of Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Xhaka and Mikawossname as 'dreadful'. That's Arsenal Fan TV quality critique, it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Kolasinac was highly regarded in the Bundesliga so describing him as 'awful' is a bit silly. Chambers I'll grant you. Welbeck has been pretty useless, agreed. Where you've immersed yourself in juvenile hyperbole is describing the collection of Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Xhaka and Mikawossname as 'dreadful'. That's Arsenal Fan TV quality critique, it really is.
    He's been brainwashed by the plastic Yank WES, take everything he says with a pinch of salt because he obviously knows nothing about the fine sport
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Our midfield has been a disgrace all season. Xhaka, the main focus of my fury, is all over the place in pretty much every game. Jesus, even Wenger leapt off the bench to call him a useless **** last night after he blazed a shot 20 years over the bar with three players well positioned ahead of him. Hopeless.

THe left back has done well as a wing back but even Wenger has been reluctant to field him as a left back. When he has, he hasn't performed brilliantly. Maitland-Niles, a right footed midfielder, came on and looked better than him last night.

Chambers and Ospina are, I assume, not on the table for debate.

I think you know when I referred to midfield that I wasnt talking about Ozil et al. I have in fact been ridiculed for saying that Wilshere is miles better than our other central midfielders. That said, Ramsey is a useless ****.

Our midfield has been a disgrace all season. Xhaka, the main focus of my fury, is all over the place in pretty much every game. Jesus, even Wenger leapt off the bench to call him a useless **** last night after he blazed a shot 20 years over the bar with three players well positioned ahead of him. Hopeless.

THe left back has done well as a wing back but even Wenger has been reluctant to field him as a left back. When he has, he hasn't performed brilliantly. Maitland-Niles, a right footed midfielder, came on and looked better than him last night.

Chambers and Ospina are, I assume, not on the table for debate.

I think you know when I referred to midfield that I wasnt talking about Ozil et al. I have in fact been ridiculed for saying that Wilshere is miles better than our other central midfielders. That said, Ramsey is a useless ****.
    Have you considered numismatism, p? I understand it can be a most satisfying pastime.

Have you considered numismatism, p? I understand it can be a most satisfying pastime.
    I dont like the word hyperbole. Would you mind not using it from now on?

I am prepared to stop referring to aircraft as 'planes' in return.

Deal?

I dont like the word hyperbole. Would you mind not using it from now on?

I am prepared to stop referring to aircraft as 'planes' in return.

Deal?
    It's a tricky one. There's no real synonym for 'hyperbole', is there? I'd be left a bit bereft in the area of describing exaggerated language.

It's a tricky one. There's no real synonym for 'hyperbole', is there? I'd be left a bit bereft in the area of describing exaggerated language.
    Overstatement? Embellishment?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    *******s imo

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Too mild, surely? Hyperbole suggests massive overstatement or ridiculous embellishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    *******s imo
    Right on the money. Call a spade a spade, as it were.