Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: That is a seriously **** team. Awful full backs, dreadful midfield and a useless

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Bit medicine-y for my basic tastes.

Beer, wine and whiskey I'm afraid Dutch. Not a spirits man unless it's early in the am and you can't find anything else.
    But what of the single malt? What of the bourbon, the gin, the frozen vodka?

A man should take hi pleasures from many sources, sw. I don't mean bumming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Are you saying there's something wrong with bumming?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Are you saying there's something wrong with bumming?
    I think it's alright to be down on the gays now b. It's the transers you have to pretend to be ok with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Not for me.

Bourbon is something you might drink when you're hammered, no other time. See also single malt.

I used to drink gin, 4-5 shots in a pint glass topped up with tonic. Not good. Not since either.

Vodka. Not in about 35 years other than in a Bloody Mary but then let's be honest, who the fúck drinks one of them in a pub.

Agreed SW
    Pokster is largely OK

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Music is often packaged as 'movements' by the record industry and media rather than the simple trend/fashion that it is. When people talk about 80smusic they dont mean the stuff you mention.

I mean the 80s saw horrific stadium rock bands dominate the hard rock genre- but it also saw Guns n Roses reverse that trend by making a genuinely great rock album. Followed by Aerosmith returning to form, the Black Crowes etc....but people remember Bon Jovi and Poison for the haircuts. They are more likely to think of Stock Aitken and Walterman than THe Stone Roses or The Wonder Stuff.

Every decade has some great music, some more than others. Its only silly people in media who like to castigate or celebrate an entire decade of music, usually based on some highly tenuous 'cultural critique' . The other day I read a piece from the Guardian saying that Britpop destroyed british music by being too english in its outlook and cultural references, becoming a cultural abomination that turned its back on british music's heritage of having an. International outlook. What total and utter *******s. As though The Smiths, just a few years before, werent horrifically english in their lyrics and outlook...as though Bowie, Syd Barrett, the Small Faces, Pink Floyd and Chas n Dave didnt do exactly the same.
    The Cure, my friend. The Cure. Duran Duran. Can you be so myopic? "Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand." Oh yes sweetheart.