Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: That is a seriously **** team. Awful full backs, dreadful midfield and a useless

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well said, Peter. The bit about Exile anyway, the 70s was still packed with guitar soloing nonsense that made my ears ring.

Tumbling Dice remains one of the greatest Stones songs and without question one of the all time great guitar lines. From Sweet Virginia to Shine a Light to Ventilator Blues to...I could go no and on.

Add this to a love of the Smiths and I'm afraid I have no option but to conclude that Burney knows as much about music as he does about burgers.
    **** it, I am hooked from song one. Rocks Off is ****ing great.

The Smiths were amazing in a 'you had to be there' kind of you. Looking back now it is not amazing but still incredibly good. If you like that sort of thing. I can see why some people dont. I mean, believeit or not there are people who dont like the Velvet Underground.

Burney likes Roxy Music and has the guts to admit it, on here. He is alright in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The **** trod on my foot in Marylebone and made no attempt whatsoever to apologise. In that precise moment I looked into his soul and became100% convinced that if you bought him a pint he would not buy you one back. You know as well as I do that you can spot these people a mile off. WEll, I briefly saw into his soul and I know it for sure.....

What a ****!
    You just described Burney

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Listen pal, getting any fúcking lecture on hair from you is a step too far.
    I'm too sexy for my hair
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

**** it, I am hooked from song one. Rocks Off is ****ing great.

The Smiths were amazing in a 'you had to be there' kind of you. Looking back now it is not amazing but still incredibly good. If you like that sort of thing. I can see why some people dont. I mean, believeit or not there are people who dont like the Velvet Underground.

Burney likes Roxy Music and has the guts to admit it, on here. He is alright in my book.
    Someone once said that The Smiths was music you liked until you grew up and realized it was sh1t.

In fact, I thought it was Burney (sounds like him) but must have been someone else. Oh, and they were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Hardly fùcking Mozart?

Well it wouldn't be would it? Because it's not fùcking classical music. Cloth-eared, Almunia-loving cùnt.

Now look what you made me do.
    Exactly. It is in fact incredibly simple music played by people are generally incredibly simple. We dont love these bands because they are musically wonderful- we fall for what they are saying, how they say it, how they look, how the riff or the drum roll makes you feel.

We all know that all arguments about which band is better are rather silly. THe defence on the grounds of music is probably the silliest.

If we want our bands to be great musicians then surely we should all be listening to Floyd and Zeppelin.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Someone once said that The Smiths was music you liked until you grew up and realized it was sh1t.

In fact, I thought it was Burney (sounds like him) but must have been someone else. Oh, and they were right.
    So you used to like The Smiths?

If we want our bands to be great musicians then surely we should all be listening to Floyd and Zeppelin.
    Well, Immigrant Song was on Radio 2 this morning. The actual music is ok, classic rock guitar riff and and rhythm.

The lyrics? Bag of shíte. Couldn't they have found something better to sing about to that soundrack?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I just got my haircut this lunchtime.

A number 1 fading into a number 3.

Fading upwards or downwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fading upwards or downwards?
    I thought that
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

So you used to like The Smiths?
    No, never. I was always too grown up for that. Not everyone was, of course, and I've grown to accept their lack of good fortune.