Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: That is a seriously **** team. Awful full backs, dreadful midfield and a useless

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ok, Bowie should be in there. It wasnt an exhaustive list. I mean, I didnt even get to putin Wings or the Eagles

Exile onMain Street- and I want to be very clear about this, b- is not, in any way, ****. I simply will not have that, I'm sorry.

We are not far from 'formal apology' territory here....
    OK. I have perhaps negatively exaggerated. However, Exile on Main Street is yet another example of why double albums are a terrible, terrible idea. A strong single album ruined by being crammed with tedious filler to bulk it out to double status. This is the case for all double albums ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're a bit of a Camden / Highgate trendy though. I bet you used to hang out doing smack with Amy and everything.
    I did enjoy a drink with her once - lovely girl

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    OK. I have perhaps negatively exaggerated. However, Exile on Main Street is yet another example of why double albums are a terrible, terrible idea. A strong single album ruined by being crammed with tedious filler to bulk it out to double status. This is the case for all double albums ever made.

Definitely true. The River is a great example of that. A terrible double album that would have been one of his best as a single.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I did enjoy a drink with her once - lovely girl
    I saw here in the Mixer a few times although that was before she was famous.

I saw here in the Mixer a few times although that was before she was famous.
    'In the mixer' in the Ron Atkinson sense? Was she giving it eyebrows at the near post? Doing lollipops?

I miss Ron.

'In the mixer' in the Ron Atkinson sense? Was she giving it eyebrows at the near post? Doing lollipops?

I miss Ron.
    The Good Mixer, b. A popular Camden boozer. A pub where the use of a quick little eyebrows at the bar is essential in being able to get a drink.

In Ron's world there is no such thing as a near post. There is a first and second post, but no near, far, front or back.

Definitely true. The River is a great example of that. A terrible double album that would have been one of his best as a single.
    There are no exceptions. This is an immutable rule of popular music. Use Your Illusion, Sign O' The Times, Songs In The Key Of Life, Physical Graffiti, Blonde on Blonde, The White Album - it applies to all of them.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-09-2018 at 12:32 PM.

The Good Mixer, b. A popular Camden boozer. A pub where the use of a quick little eyebrows at the bar is essential in being able to get a drink.

In Ron's world there is no such thing as a near post. There is a first and second post, but no near, far, front or back.
    Actually, wasn't it 'the back stick'? Weren't people always 'popping up at the back stick'?

There are no exceptions. This is an immutable rule of popular music. Appetite for Destruction, Sign O' The Times, Songs In The Key Of Life, Physical Graffiti, Blonde on Blonde, The White Album - it applies to all of them.
    Appetite for Destruction was a brilliant single album. You are thinking of Use Your Illusion which was not only a double album but Two double albums split in two and released on the same day.

Physical Graffiti is very good for a double album and probably comes closest to making it work.

Actually, wasn't it 'the back stick'? Weren't people always 'popping up at the back stick'?
    Not for Ron. Second post. I believe he did used to refer to the back door, though.

He was the first manager to really embrace black footballers you know? He used to make them sit at the back of the team bus

Old school sense of humour, I hope.....