Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: That is a seriously **** team. Awful full backs, dreadful midfield and a useless

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Sampling? Brit pop? The fragmentation of dance music into countless genres?, Hip Hop becoming mainstream, etc, etc
    Some absolutely superb music released in the 90s.

Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld, Dubnobasswithmyheadman, Leftism, Blue Lines, Maxinquaye, Screamadelica.

They are just the very obvious ones that most people will own.

Maybe not The Orb.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Really? Who maligns the 80s music, exactly?

As a decade, it was miles better than the 70s (which is the worst decade for music EVER) and I can't even remember anything from the 90s it was so bland.

I assumed everyone recognized the 80s as one of the best decades ever for music.
    Yeah the 70s was awful, you are right. I mean you had to put up with the likes of Zeppelin, Purple, Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Dylan, Leoanard Cohen, Neil Young, Aerosmith, Skynyrd, The Who, The Stones, all near the height of their powers. As if that wasn't bad enough you then had to put up with punk later in the decade.

Awful....just awful

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well you see B has said this to try and illicit a response from me as you and I both can see that he has chosen to overlook The Jam.

Thankfully I am wise to his moves.

I am not overlooking The Jam, sw. They were simply hugely inferior to The Smiths. This is a fact. Not a question of taste or opinion, a F-A-C-T.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I am not overlooking The Jam, sw. They were simply hugely inferior to The Smiths. This is a fact. Not a question of taste or opinion, a F-A-C-T.
    100%. It really, really shouldn't need saying.

Maybe not The Orb.
    of course, you left out Orbital II (the 'brown album') and Exit Planet Dust but, I'll let it go...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yeah the 70s was awful, you are right. I mean you had to put up with the likes of Zeppelin, Purple, Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Dylan, Leoanard Cohen, Neil Young, Aerosmith, Skynyrd, The Who, The Stones, all near the height of their powers. As if that wasn't bad enough you then had to put up with punk later in the decade.

Awful....just awful
    I'm not disagreeing with you (other than to point out the glaring omission of Bowie, of course, but I'll put that down to carelessness on your part), but I do have to point out that the Stones were well past their best in the 70s. Exile on Main St was - in point of fact - sh1te.

Some absolutely superb music released in the 90s.

Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld, Dubnobasswithmyheadman, Leftism, Blue Lines, Maxinquaye, Screamadelica.

They are just the very obvious ones that most people will own.

Maybe not The Orb.
    Leftism, ffs

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    of course, you left out Orbital II (the 'brown album') and Exit Planet Dust but, I'll let it go...
    I listened to this just the other day so you can apologise whenever you are ready.

I'm not disagreeing with you (other than to point out the glaring omission of Bowie, of course, but I'll put that down to carelessness on your part), but I do have to point out that the Stones were well past their best in the 70s. Exile on Main St was - in point of fact - sh1te.
    Ok, Bowie should be in there. It wasnt an exhaustive list. I mean, I didnt even get to putin Wings or the Eagles

Exile onMain Street- and I want to be very clear about this, b- is not, in any way, ****. I simply will not have that, I'm sorry.

We are not far from 'formal apology' territory here....

Leftism, ffs
    now, now, b. Your nescient approach to music is shining through brightly in this thread already...

You're only making it worse for yourself.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”