Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: That is a seriously **** team. Awful full backs, dreadful midfield and a useless

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ok, Bowie should be in there. It wasnt an exhaustive list. I mean, I didnt even get to putin Wings or the Eagles

Exile onMain Street- and I want to be very clear about this, b- is not, in any way, ****. I simply will not have that, I'm sorry.

We are not far from 'formal apology' territory here....
    Well said, Peter. The bit about Exile anyway, the 70s was still packed with guitar soloing nonsense that made my ears ring.

Tumbling Dice remains one of the greatest Stones songs and without question one of the all time great guitar lines. From Sweet Virginia to Shine a Light to Ventilator Blues to...I could go no and on.

Add this to a love of the Smiths and I'm afraid I have no option but to conclude that Burney knows as much about music as he does about burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well said, Peter. The bit about Exile anyway, the 70s was still packed with guitar soloing nonsense that made my ears ring.

Tumbling Dice remains one of the greatest Stones songs and without question one of the all time great guitar lines. From Sweet Virginia to Shine a Light to Ventilator Blues to...I could go no and on.

Add this to a love of the Smiths and I'm afraid I have no option but to conclude that Burney knows as much about music as he does about burgers.
    **** it, I am hooked from song one. Rocks Off is ****ing great.

The Smiths were amazing in a 'you had to be there' kind of you. Looking back now it is not amazing but still incredibly good. If you like that sort of thing. I can see why some people dont. I mean, believeit or not there are people who dont like the Velvet Underground.

Burney likes Roxy Music and has the guts to admit it, on here. He is alright in my book.

**** it, I am hooked from song one. Rocks Off is ****ing great.

The Smiths were amazing in a 'you had to be there' kind of you. Looking back now it is not amazing but still incredibly good. If you like that sort of thing. I can see why some people dont. I mean, believeit or not there are people who dont like the Velvet Underground.

Burney likes Roxy Music and has the guts to admit it, on here. He is alright in my book.
    Someone once said that The Smiths was music you liked until you grew up and realized it was sh1t.

In fact, I thought it was Burney (sounds like him) but must have been someone else. Oh, and they were right.

Someone once said that The Smiths was music you liked until you grew up and realized it was sh1t.

In fact, I thought it was Burney (sounds like him) but must have been someone else. Oh, and they were right.
    So you used to like The Smiths?

So you used to like The Smiths?
    No, never. I was always too grown up for that. Not everyone was, of course, and I've grown to accept their lack of good fortune.

No, never. I was always too grown up for that. Not everyone was, of course, and I've grown to accept their lack of good fortune.
    So how can you possibly know that the statement above is true? You didn't like them when you were young, you couldnt stop liking them when you grew up.

For you, at least, it clearly isnt true. Nor for me or Burney.

So it isnt true. Case closed!