Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anyhow. Is there the remotest possibilty of scraping a dignified result tonight ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I am now so desperate to get the post Wenger era under way that I want us on the end of a total rout. When the old tit goes we will enter at least a decade of mediocrity so if he hangs on for another five years I might not live to see us ever win the Champions League
    Sorry to break it to you H but Arsenal will never win the CL in your lifetime. If they couldn't win it with the teams Wenger put together in his first 10 odd years then they can forget it now.

Although it is a cup competition and as such can be fluked (every English team to win it has proved this) Not Arsenal though, they don't seem to fluke things like the others.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Sorry to break it to you H but Arsenal will never win the CL in your lifetime. If they couldn't win it with the teams Wenger put together in his first 10 odd years then they can forget it now.

Although it is a cup competition and as such can be fluked (every English team to win it has proved this) Not Arsenal though, they don't seem to fluke things like the others.
    Quite right, Barry. I actually started to write something similar but I got my words tangled and couldn't be bothered to sort it out.

In short: Arsenal will never win the European Cup in our lifetime.