Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyhow. Is there the remotest possibilty of scraping a dignified result tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Generally assumed to be a nice bloke?

Tbh I am not even sure why he got that reputation.
    Oh, he's a decent footballer. Just not a top striker in a million years. And he has a nice smile.

As a local, home-grown, lifelong Manchester United fan, it would've broken Ferguson's heart (?) to have to recommend that he be sold. Which shows how sub-standard he is.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Sorry to break it to you H but Arsenal will never win the CL in your lifetime. If they couldn't win it with the teams Wenger put together in his first 10 odd years then they can forget it now.

Although it is a cup competition and as such can be fluked (every English team to win it has proved this) Not Arsenal though, they don't seem to fluke things like the others.
    Quite right, Barry. I actually started to write something similar but I got my words tangled and couldn't be bothered to sort it out.

In short: Arsenal will never win the European Cup in our lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Milan should be ashamed of themselves if they lose.
    indeed. The blue away kit tonight...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, he's a decent footballer. Just not a top striker in a million years. And he has a nice smile.

As a local, home-grown, lifelong Manchester United fan, it would've broken Ferguson's heart (?) to have to recommend that he be sold. Which shows how sub-standard he is.
    I know you are by definition a good man however I think you are being extremely generous in your analysis of Ferguson the caring person as opposed to Ferguson the ultra professional football manager.

Fúck all to do with breaking his heart I expect he realised DW was never ever going to be a player good enough to play for one of the perceived elite clubs in the PL and on that basis recommended he be shipped out as soon as was possible.

As any professional football manager should.

Such as van Gaal, who actually sold him.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I know you are by definition a good man however I think you are being extremely generous in your analysis of Ferguson the caring person as opposed to Ferguson the ultra professional football manager.

Fúck all to do with breaking his heart I expect he realised DW was never ever going to be a player good enough to play for one of the perceived elite clubs in the PL and on that basis recommended he be shipped out as soon as was possible.

As any professional football manager should.

Such as van Gaal, who actually sold him.
    That's what I mean; he'd been there since a child and everyone loves a homegrown, or "one of our own", as they call it nowadays, player scoring the goals that win you trophies. I ought to have said "broken his heart footballistically" maybe.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."