Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You have to wonder just how low the entry critera has to be deployed by Fifa

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In a way, yes, but everyone wanted professional refs so the authorities put alot of money into training lots of them up, only to discover that there wasn't really enough football to go around. So they had to find something, anything for them to do
    No, they should have lots of refs to reduce the number of matches that indiduals referee, so as to reduce the possibility of hypothetically corrupt individuals having a major impact on the game. And those who think that there is not, and has never been, corruption in football are mistaken. From major European leagues to World Cups, corruption is a matter of historical record.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Indeed. A sort of pointless, top heavy layer of admin that appeases no one. I don't have LA's remarkable powers of recall but I've seen quite a few incidents over the years where these chaps have remained largely impotent in terms of officiating. I shall not be changing my position on this one
    tbh I agree 7, I was just being a ****. They were a sop to Fifa's intransigence on the whole technology thing. One of the ****ers got Kos sent off last year though

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, they should have lots of refs to reduce the number of matches that indiduals referee, so as to reduce the possibility of hypothetically corrupt individuals having a major impact on the game. And those who think that there is not, and has never been, corruption in football are mistaken. From major European leagues to World Cups, corruption is a matter of historical record.
    What difference would that make, if they're all corrupt?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

What difference would that make, if they're all corrupt?
    What difference does it make? Did you see this?:

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?...=1#post4201680

None, if they are all corrupt but such a measure would be working from the standpoint that they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    tbh I agree 7, I was just being a ****. They were a sop to Fifa's intransigence on the whole technology thing. One of the ****ers got Kos sent off last year though
    That's the one!! ****ers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What difference does it make? Did you see this?:

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?...=1#post4201680

None, if they are all corrupt but such a measure would be working from the standpoint that they're not.
    That's brilliant! It seems the hammer may be finally on its way down #LockThemAllUp
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

That's brilliant! It seems the hammer may be finally on its way down #LockThemAllUp
    Really? I'd lost interest in recent weeks tbh. As the exposure of the FBI/DOJ interfering with the election and attempting a coup didn't seem to register as a scandal I assumed that nothing would ever change. #LongLiveTheSwamp

Unless you mean the 'Hillary tape'. They can't show it and it's being called a fake anyway.