Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You have to wonder just how low the entry critera has to be deployed by Fifa

You have to wonder just how low the entry critera has to be deployed by Fifa

as a goal line official. How those utter morons missed the Juve pen claim and perhaps, in the balance of fairness, Son, having his shirt held and pulled about for an age ?
    Both of those officials were facing the infringements from all of about 5 metres away..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    as a goal line official. How those utter morons missed the Juve pen claim and perhaps, in the balance of fairness, Son, having his shirt held and pulled about for an age ?
    Both of those officials were facing the infringements from all of about 5 metres away..
    And what did they say to the referee?

Well, Who knows. But it seems to prove that these appointments are a complete waste of space.

Well, Who knows. But it seems to prove that these appointments are a complete waste of space.
    Why does it prove that?

Because both officials failed dismally to either, witness/ identify, two glaringly obvious infractions taking place right in front of them. Or, the Ref chose to ignore them. Either way, waste of space.

Because both officials failed dismally to either, witness/ identify, two glaringly obvious infractions taking place right in front of them. Or, the Ref chose to ignore them. Either way, waste of space.
    What about all the other matches they've officiated in?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What about all the other matches they've officiated in?
    They are a bit ****, la.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They are a bit ****, la.
    Indeed. A sort of pointless, top heavy layer of admin that appeases no one. I don't have LA's remarkable powers of recall but I've seen quite a few incidents over the years where these chaps have remained largely impotent in terms of officiating. I shall not be changing my position on this one

Indeed. A sort of pointless, top heavy layer of admin that appeases no one. I don't have LA's remarkable powers of recall but I've seen quite a few incidents over the years where these chaps have remained largely impotent in terms of officiating. I shall not be changing my position on this one
    I can also remember one of them giving a penalty against us for absolutely bugger all. Waste of space, imo

In a way, yes, but everyone wanted professional refs so the authorities put alot of money into training lots of them up, only to discover that there wasn't really enough football to go around. So they had to find something, anything for them to do
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."