Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: International Women’s Day

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I had to listen to yet another piece on the Today programme this morning that unquestioningly accepted the idea that there is a meaningful gender pay gap in this country. Despite the fact that this has been repeatedly debunked.
    WPP had to do a whole thing on it across the entire company, on average across every position the split was something around 54/46. As I was at pains to point out, we get the opportunity to negotiate when we start, so perhaps women are just **** at negotiating but even so we're still pretty even.

Well I’m off to my brainwashing session.

Unfortunately they will know if I don’t attend the webinar.

Might load of PokerStars on my iPad

The whole things is a fúcking nonsense.

Has Antonia C come back from the winebar yet ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Seems to be a weekly event, currently

Our company has set up a whole Women at Work thing.

Of course, I don't see any of the chaps doing 3 or 4 day weeks.........
    Why don't you start a 'white men in the workplace' (give it a nice, snappy name) committee?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Been told all staff have to attend a webinar at 12pm to celebrate the importance of women’s rights, gender equality and to listen to some of our senior female leaders on their inspirational journeys.

Anywon else having to undergo similar brainwashing?

Kind of worried about the direction my company is taking...just seems like a matter of time before I get passed over for promotion because they need to fill the role with a woman.
    Just say you went to a woman's prison t, they wouldn't dare turn their back on you
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Just say you went to a woman's prison t, they wouldn't dare turn their back on you
    Probably best to keep the whole "Prison" thing on the back burner in a work environment P.

According to the BBC website the company I work pays women 32.9% more than men.

Can’t wait for my pay rise imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    According to the BBC website the company I work pays women 32.9% more than men.

Can’t wait for my pay rise imo
    Prostitution?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    WPP had to do a whole thing on it across the entire company, on average across every position the split was something around 54/46. As I was at pains to point out, we get the opportunity to negotiate when we start, so perhaps women are just **** at negotiating but even so we're still pretty even.
    Some of us are under the false impression that when they discuss the gap in gender pay they are talking about men and women getting paid different sums for the same, or equivalent, roles. I am afraid this is not the case.

For larger companies we are talking a flat comparison including the CEO and the cleaners. If men get paid more than women you get to choose which crime you are committing: either (a) you pay men more you sexist ****s! or (b) you dont promote women you sexist ****s!

Obviously if women get paid more there is no issue, even though the actual law on equality doesnt protect women, it protects the characteristic of gender...... still, that is just the law isnt it...what does that matter??