Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Spurs - the gift that keeps on giving :hehe: :clap:

Nope, it’s no use, I just can’t summon any steffenfreude at the moment

And they’re blatantly gonna win the FA Cup, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Nope, it’s no use, I just can’t summon any steffenfreude at the moment

And they’re blatantly gonna win the FA Cup, anyway
    The pndits were almost weeping, such was their regret at seeing the Great Tottenham Hotspur robbed of their entitlement by oh I can't be bothered.

It does seem odd that the accepted narrative used to be that top 4 and last 16 of the champions league represented failure, but now apparently defines you as the best team in the country. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The pndits were almost weeping, such was their regret at seeing the Great Tottenham Hotspur robbed of their entitlement by oh I can't be bothered.

It does seem odd that the accepted narrative used to be that top 4 and last 16 of the champions league represented failure, but now apparently defines you as the best team in the country. Strange.
    The Times coverage this morning made me want to vomit - and not just that odious **** Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The Times coverage this morning made me want to vomit - and not just that odious **** Winter
    Are you in Milan, dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you in Milan, dude?
    Sadly not - it wouldn't be the same anyway

Sadly not - it wouldn't be the same anyway
    Perhaps a few negronis at lunchtime as a sort of tribute.

Matt Dickinson

Tottenham’s great adventure is brought to agonising end

Bouncing on the line as the clock struck 90 minutes, there was a moment when it felt as if the ball was deciding whether Tottenham Hotspur had done enough to deserve a bit of good fortune, a lucky kick off the grass.

Of course Wembley has known previous agonies about the ball crossing the line and here, almost as if the stadium was frozen, we watched to see if it would spin into the net, perhaps bounce in off Gianluigi Buffon’s back to save Spurs and take this brilliantly compelling contest into extra time. Another 30 minutes? Most of us would have been delighted.

what a ****

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...-end-gw769z5wd
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

In general, The Times has really gone downhill over the last few years.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    In general, The Times has really gone downhill over the last few years.
    The football coverage is **** - since they got Winter. Cricket and rugby coverage is excellent. I like the rest of the paper as well - some excellent political commentators from both sides of the spectrum. Of course it was never going to be as good after I left

The football coverage is **** - since they got Winter. Cricket and rugby coverage is excellent. I like the rest of the paper as well - some excellent political commentators from both sides of the spectrum. Of course it was never going to be as good after I left
    Both Matthew Parris and Caitlin Moran do appear to have suffered some sort of catastrophic mental breakdown, though. It's quite disturbing these days, reading their interminable gibberish; the same nonsense, over and over again, as if they're screaming into a void and getting nothing back.