Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Would that Allegri chap entertain the idea of managing us?

Would that Allegri chap entertain the idea of managing us?

Make him an offer he cant refuse imo
    Don't tell me I'm still on this feckin island!

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Make him an offer he cant refuse imo
    This time last year he was the bookies favourite to take the job. Until, that old fraud stole another two years of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    This time last year he was the bookies favourite to take the job. Until, that old fraud stole another two years of our lives.
    Although, it would have been bloody stupid of the board to have not inserted a caveat in that contract to state we have the option to deploy the ejector seat, in the event of a poor first season, preventing the club suffering a second.
    Either way, you cannot envisage the situation of him going into a final year, while everything turns to s hit around him.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 03-08-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Although, it would have been bloody stupid of the board to have not inserted a caveat in that contract to state we have the option to deploy the ejector seat, in the event of a poor first season, preventing the club suffering a second.
    Either way, you cannot envisage the situation of him going into a final year, while everything turns to s hit around him.
    There's little chance of that, I'm afraid, for the simple reason that while Wenger Himself may merely wish to stay, our board is absolutely desperate for Him to stay. I mean, if they were to ask Him to leave, He would leave, whereas if He told them He wanted to leave, they would beg Him to stay.

So, in a sense, He's got them over a barrel, albeit a mutually agreeable barrel. And an attempt to insert any such ejector-seat caveat or clause would simply be rejected by Wenger's people. Therefore there would be no such attempt.

After all, we didn't offer Him a contract extension because we wanted to sack Him, did we. We did so because we (or anyway, E. Stanley & Co.) want Him to stay.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Josh Kroenke is 37 years old.

Kid ain’t got the cojones to sack Wenger...more than likely he went into his recent meeting with him with the intention of telling him goodbye but instead got converted to the dark side.

Can’t wait to see Wenger’s summer signings...Malcom, Fekir and Pavon triple signing with the traditional Benzema rumour