Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So farewell then, New Musical Express

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well, no. Because without Morrissey, they wouldn't have been The Smiths. They'd have been Johnny Marr and some other cvnt. And that's never worked out particularly well if you ask me.
    But the world would have been a better place because I wouldn't have that self-obssessed wobbly-voiced cùnt's vocal in my head RIGHT NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    But the world would have been a better place because I wouldn't have that self-obssessed wobbly-voiced cùnt's vocal in my head RIGHT NOW.
    You love it, you slag!

Morrissey is a unique gift to popular music.

You love it, you slag!

Yes, and he's friends with Pamela Anderson. You have to respect that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

You love it, you slag!

I was listening to the guitar instrumental on Radioheads, knives out, the other day. The bit at the end where Yorke stops his suicidal wailing. A very Smiths type passage of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Whether the Smiths were any good or not is, of course, a matter of taste and opinion. In my universe they might have been quite good had that complete pillock not been their singer.

And I never felt under any pressure from that corrupt and pretentious rag to like or dislike anything on their say so. I only ever really read the letter from John Connolly, New Barnet at the end each week anyway.
    It's all so fey, though. So revoltingly wishy-washy. Rock n roll is supposed to be angry. It's supposed to be powerful. It's supposed to scream truth into your head, not mince around waving a fúcking flower about.

I'd love to see a fight between Ronnie Van Zandt and Morrissey. No rules. Ronnie would rip his unused Mancunian dick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's all so fey, though. So revoltingly wishy-washy. Rock n roll is supposed to be angry. It's supposed to be powerful. It's supposed to scream truth into your head, not mince around waving a fúcking flower about.

I'd love to see a fight between Ronnie Van Zandt and Morrissey. No rules. Ronnie would rip his unused Mancunian dick off.
    Who said anything about Rock and Roll? It's popular music. Rock and Roll is just a narrow stratum of popular music beloved of people who can't dance.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, and he's friends with Pamela Anderson. You have to respect that.
    Well they're both tiresome vegabores, aren't they?

Well they're both tiresome vegabores, aren't they?
    Oh, I wouldn't know about that
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Who said anything about Rock and Roll? It's popular music. Rock and Roll is just a narrow stratum of popular music beloved of people who can't dance.
    You're so gay sometimes.

Birds in micro-skirts and stilettos and boob-tubes randomly gyrating away on the dancefloor. Superb.