Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine your last ever meal being in Zizzi :-(

Imagine your last ever meal being in Zizzi :-(

Actually, I had an oddly memorable lasagne in a Zizzi on the Fulham Road before Chelsea 2 Arsenal 3 (Winterburn screamer) in 1997.

Sadly, that memory is clouded by the fact that a Chelsea fan spat in my face after the game. Weirdly, he then double checked that I was actually a Gooner, and when I mumbled "'fraid so mate", he cuffed me around the head and said "never apologise for who you support, fella, NEVER!" and trotted off

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Actually, I had an oddly memorable lasagne in a Zizzi on the Fulham Road before Chelsea 2 Arsenal 3 (Winterburn screamer) in 1997.

Sadly, that memory is clouded by the fact that a Chelsea fan spat in my face after the game. Weirdly, he then double checked that I was actually a Gooner, and when I mumbled "'fraid so mate", he cuffed me around the head and said "never apologise for who you support, fella, NEVER!" and trotted off
    I had a pizza in one a couple of years ago. It was perfectly acceptable; a crisp, slightly blistered base, rendered tomato, some processed pork products and, crucially, a bottle of chilli oil.

There is speculation that the chosen weapon was an opioid. I put it to you that a Sunday afternoon out with your daughter, culminating in a pizza and a heroin doze, is something to which we might all aspire.

To my knowledge, I’ve never been in a Zizzi. Or an Ask. I think I went to Prezzo once and got very cross about the service until they gave me the meal for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I had a pizza in one a couple of years ago. It was perfectly acceptable; a crisp, slightly blistered base, rendered tomato, some processed pork products and, crucially, a bottle of chilli oil.

There is speculation that the chosen weapon was an opioid. I put it to you that a Sunday afternoon out with your daughter, culminating in a pizza and a heroin doze, is something to which we might all aspire.
    I think I’d prefer my daughter didn’t go with me, tbh.

Anyway, they seem to be suggesting VX now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To my knowledge, I’ve never been in a Zizzi. Or an Ask. I think I went to Prezzo once and got very cross about the service until they gave me the meal for free.
    These places are exclusively for families with small children. I find the sight of people dining in them without kids almost poetic in its sadness.

never been to a Zizzi.

I have been unfortunate enough to have been in both an Ask and a Bella Italia.

I tell you what Clive, Italian food is carbohydrately dull.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

These places are exclusively for families with small children. I find the sight of people dining in them without kids almost poetic in its sadness.
    I have frequented such places when doing the 'informal business lunch' thing, when neither party feels it appropriate to be frequenting a pub at lunchtime. I've even found myself in a Jamie Oliver's. Now that was a mistake.

I think I’d prefer my daughter didn’t go with me, tbh.

Anyway, they seem to be suggesting VX now.
    What on earth is VX?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What on earth is VX?
    a dyslexic Roman 15 imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Mine was at Le Gavroche with my girlfriend at the time.

I believe I had the langoustine starter, rabbit main before finishing with a cheese platter.

-

Next night was a cheese sandwich