Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine your last ever meal being in Zizzi :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have frequented such places when doing the 'informal business lunch' thing, when neither party feels it appropriate to be frequenting a pub at lunchtime. I've even found myself in a Jamie Oliver's. Now that was a mistake.
    Yes, it's mainly when I see melancholy couples dining in them, looking around at the chaos of children running round tables and throwing crayons at each other, that I feel a deep sorrow. These are also the kind of people who invariably own Tastecards and only go to restaurants where they are applicable, so really it's their own fault for being crass scum.

What on earth is VX?
    A nerve agent invented by ICI in the 1950s.

Quite cheeky of them to poison them that close to Porton Down, really. Taking the pìss, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, it's mainly when I see melancholy couples dining in them, looking around at the chaos of children running round tables and throwing crayons at each other, that I feel a deep sorrow. These are also the kind of people who invariably own Tastecards and only go to restaurants where they are applicable, so really it's their own fault for being crass scum.
    I was presented with a Tastecard by my new employer the other day. I think the only restaurant on there at which I’ve ever eaten is Pizza Express.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was presented with a Tastecard by my new employer the other day. I think the only restaurant on there at which I’ve ever eaten is Pizza Express.
    I just don't understand it. If I want to eat cheaply and mediocrely, I'll send the missus to Aldi and get her to cook in the comfort of my own home

What's a tastecard? Like a scratchcard?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I had a pizza in one a couple of years ago. It was perfectly acceptable; a crisp, slightly blistered base, rendered tomato, some processed pork products and, crucially, a bottle of chilli oil.
    Oh yes.

I find 1-2 of the so called high street options to be very palatable. The Mrs actually suggested Zizzi a few weeks ago as we were turned away from our first choice.

Next time I may give it my custom.

The parents here should be shot.

There is no fúcking excuse for this behaviour in a public dining environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think I’d prefer my daughter didn’t go with me, tbh.

Anyway, they seem to be suggesting VX now.
    Oh! 'They' are speculating, are they?

Would you care to embellish on who exactly your sources are, here? I didn't realise that MI6 / the police freely dealt in speculation.

I just don't understand it. If I want to eat cheaply and mediocrely, I'll send the missus to Aldi and get her to cook in the comfort of my own home
    I suppose it’s just for those who want to grab a quick, inexpensive bite to eat while they’re out doing something else and want to stay in their comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The parents here should be shot.

There is no fúcking excuse for this behaviour in a public dining environment.
    Children are over-indulged and over-stimulated these days. My daughter was taught how to behave in a restaurant from a very early age. Such behaviour was simply not tolerated.