Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, it would appear that far from causing nuclear armaggedon as

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    promised by the lefty intelligentsia, Trump's robust attitude to North Korea has brought them to the negotiating table.

What a bunch of silly-billies the snowflakes are.

Nothing to do with the Olympics, B. Just keep thinking like a white, first world Anglophone as opposed to like, I dunno, a Korean.

I mean, before the WO, all 3 group were arguing more than ever after 1 yr of Trump. After WO, all is sweet.

Must be Trump.

Where were the WO again? Was it in Washington, DC? Must have been, cos it's all down to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. It's almost as though appeasement encourages aggressors to be more aggressive, isn't it? If only there had been any salutary examples of this phenomenon in recent history from which people could have learned.
    If you're applying that statement to the 1930s, it really shows you know the best part of jack **** about the causes of WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    If you're applying that statement to the 1930s, it really shows you know the best part of jack **** about the causes of WW2.
    The causes are certainly endlessly debatable. At least, many Germans have made B's same point to me, over the years; essentially rebuking us for not intervening sooner to nip the thing in the bud.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Nothing to do with the Olympics, B. Just keep thinking like a white, first world Anglophone as opposed to like, I dunno, a Korean.

I mean, before the WO, all 3 group were arguing more than ever after 1 yr of Trump. After WO, all is sweet.

Must be Trump.

Where were the WO again? Was it in Washington, DC? Must have been, cos it's all down to Trump.
    In fairness to the Donald, he was handed a proper hospital pass there. Not sure what else he could do.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Yes. It's almost as though appeasement encourages aggressors to be more aggressive, isn't it? If only there had been any salutary examples of this phenomenon in recent history from which people could have learned.
    Waste of time negotiating with the Little Rocket Man; we will do what has to be done, as the man said.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The causes are certainly endlessly debatable. At least, many Germans have made B's same point to me, over the years; essentially rebuking us for not intervening sooner to nip the thing in the bud.
    Not at the academic level. The Stufenplanners have won the argument. Not Versailles, not appeasement, all down to Adolf's loony stufen (step-by-step) plan to risk national destruction of a war of global domination that he described in his two books (2nd unpublished) in the '20s.

ww2 = Stufenplan.
    ww1 = Fischer thesis.

No need to thank me.

Not at the academic level. The Stufenplanners have won the argument. Not Versailles, not appeasement, all down to Adolf's loony stufen (step-by-step) plan to risk national destruction of a war of global domination that he described in his two books (2nd unpublished) in the '20s.

ww2 = Stufenplan.
    ww1 = Fischer thesis.

No need to thank me.
    I do find the way historians act as though theorising is a zero-sum game very funny.

ww2 = Stufenplan.
    ww1 = Fischer thesis.

No need to thank me.
    You do express a most touching faith in academe, g.

By the time you've got your knees brown you will come to appreciate that daft lads who've spent their whole lives at school have learnt the square root of fúck all.

University of Life. School of Hard Knocks. That's where you want to take your learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You do express a most touching faith in academe, g.

By the time you've got your knees brown you will come to appreciate that daft lads who've spent their whole lives at school have learnt the square root of fúck all.

University of Life. School of Hard Knocks. That's where you want to take your learning.
    My uncle (God rest his soul) was your actual professor of your actual modern history in one of the biggest universities in the British Isles. I once saw a seagull sh1t on his head and he rubbed it in, thinking it was a raindrop.

Make of that what you will.

My uncle (God rest his soul) was your actual professor of your actual modern history in one of the biggest universities in the British Isles. I once saw a seagull sh1t on his head and he rubbed it in, thinking it was a raindrop.

Make of that what you will.
    There you go. You can't trust 'em, b. That's why I don't believe scientists or doctors either.