Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I must say I do admire the robust Russian attitude to traitors.

I must say I do admire the robust Russian attitude to traitors.

They just kill them. Here, we give them Guardian columns or make them senior members of the Labour Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They just kill them. Here, we give them Guardian columns or make them senior members of the Labour Party.
    The Kremlin have stated that they have 'no knowledge' of any incident regarding this chap in Salisbury.

Well there's that cleared up, then.

Anyway, why are we bothering to try and save him? Surely it's curtains for the fella.

He was exchanged though, no? What sort of absolute cad returns for revenge upon an exchanged prisoner? Surely he should be considered hors de combat?

One also wonders quite how effective his new identity and cover was. Not very, would be the obvious answer. Bit of a balls up by SIS, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He was exchanged though, no? What sort of absolute cad returns for revenge upon an exchanged prisoner? Surely he should be considered hors de combat?

One also wonders quite how effective his new identity and cover was. Not very, would be the obvious answer. Bit of a balls up by SIS, really.
    He allegedly spoke to Police in the days prior to this incident to state that he was concerned for his safety. Implies that he knew they were on to them.

Still, I suppose it sends out a strong message to any other Russians thinking of batting for the other side.

Meh

The North Korean airport hit was better imo

How about that billionaire couple in Canada...straight up execution that won.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The Kremlin have stated that they have 'no knowledge' of any incident regarding this chap in Salisbury.

Well there's that cleared up, then.

Anyway, why are we bothering to try and save him? Surely it's curtains for the fella.
    That's the attitude you want from a doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Yes. Could be tricky getting anyone to jump the fence after this.

George would be furious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Still, I suppose it sends out a strong message to any other Russians thinking of batting for the other side.
    Yes, but these chaps are already fully aware of happens if they're caught bending.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes. Could be tricky getting anyone to jump the fence after this.

George would be furious.
    No, there's always people who fancy it regardless. It's a madness, in a way.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, there's always people who fancy it regardless. It's a madness, in a way.
    One assumes that they are very handsomely rewarded for their work?